Account Director (Planning) Job at Starcom – in Account Director (Planning)
Starcom is the Human Experience Company; we believe that our clients’ competitive advantage lies in understanding people better, and acting on that understanding faster than the competition.
The future lies in bringing together media, creativity and data to create powerful experiences that will drive faster growth. We are the flagship Publicis Media agency to do this through our Power of One client teams that span clients such as Stellantis, P&G, Samsung, P&O and Visa.
We work differently to most agencies and base many of our models on consultancy ways of working to build a more agile workforce in this hybrid world. We complement our account teams with Squads – small teams that work for a short period to solve a specific brief. We hold cross discipline Sprints to crack client briefs at speed. These processes are designed to fuel high performance and fast results through collaboration.
Even in this most challenging period, Starcom has had an exceptional 12 months. We have welcomed brilliant clients such as Stellantis, Ferrero, Axa, KP Snacks and E.ON into the fold. Our client satisfaction scores are among the highest in the market, significantly above agency norms. We place a huge focus on our team and have driven flagship D&I and L&D programmes within Publicis Media; our goal is to help every individual reach their fullest potential and we encourage everyone to make “Brave Plays” in how they approach their work and their own career development. As a result, we have an exceptionally energised and committed talent base, all of us proud of our welcoming and supportive culture, as evidenced by our recognition as one of Campaign’s Best Places to Work in 2021.
Starcom operates in over 100 markets across the world. We have very close ties to our global HQ in Chicago who encourage learning and sharing best practice with our colleagues around the world. We are part of Publicis Groupe.
As Account Director you will be the business and planning lead and primary point of contact for the Samsung brand. You will have three overarching responsibilities that directly relate to our agency Growth Pillars and internal Expectations Framework.
1. Growth for Clients: our goal is to create brilliant experiences that drive faster growth for Stellantis brands, you will learn from working with various teams within the broader Publicis Media organisation (Content, Sports, Data and Commerce Practices). Specifically:
Inspiring work – Best in class work fuelled by data, creativity and innovation
Brilliant client relationships – Strong collaborative relationships with key clients
Support BD to grow the brands
Ensure high-quality day-to-day output across the account
Drive operational excellence across the account
Understand and apply the HX Planning framework
2. Develop a Growth Team: You will have the chance to be a major contributor in shaping the culture of the teams that work in the agency. Specifically:
Planning Team of 5 – you will be responsible for managing 3 of them
Work collaboratively with Investment & Performance teams (25 in total) to deliver fully integrated responses
Be proactive and active in growing the culture across the Starcom Stellantis team
Foster a culture of learning and self-improvement, setting clear progression plans for your team, encouraging ‘Brave Plays’ in the way the team approach their work and their own career development (and count on the same support from your own line manager).
3. Drive Growth for Starcom: You are an ambassador for the Starcom brand and will be part of helping us build an exceptional reputation both within Publicis Groupe and with external partners. Specifically:
Build Starcom’s reputation, positive relationships with media owners and partner agencies
Support BD/CP in driving account profitability, identify and progress new opportunities
Understand contractual obligations on your clients
Embrace and get involved with agency initiatives and growth opportunities
Support on new business as required
- #1 Lead the team in the planning and implementation of campaigns with a particular focus on Digital. This includes working collaboratively with internal specialists, media owners and clients during all steps of the process to deliver quality and innovative solutions for Samsung.
- #2 Be a trusted advisor for our clients through building solid relationships with key stakeholders. We want you to hear what our clients don’t say and predict their needs
- #3 Ensure the smooth running of the account by responding to all requests with speed and enthusiasm within agreed deadlines, ensuring accuracy and attention to detail.
- #4 Act as day-to-day controller of budgets & plans across a broad portfolio of campaigns with the support of Business Director.
- #5 Help to manage and allocate budgets, keeping a diligent view of financial process and reporting.
- #6 Lead a motivated team by ensuring everybody is clear on their role and contribution, identifying team development opportunities such as running training to ensure we are all kept up to date with the media landscape and relevant opportunities for our clients
- #7 Overall, we need you to be highly organised, have strong attention to detail, be comfortable juggling multiple campaigns at the same time and importantly be pushing to deliver work to clients that we as a team can be proud of.
Starcom is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.
About the Company
Company: Starcom –
Company Location: Account Director (Planning)