Accountant Job at Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center in San Francisco, CA
We are seeking an experienced Accountant to join a thriving $5M nonprofit with a four-person accounting team. This position is with Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, and it oversees all regular accounting processes and month-end close. Ideal candidate will have at least 3 years accounting experience and a related degree. Compensation is up to $80k – $85k, with generous benefits and time off. This is a hybrid remote position, with time split between working in the Renaissance office and working from home.
The Accountant has responsibility for all regular accounting processes and month end close. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare journal entries and synthesize common ledger for subsidiary accounts, and analyze GL accounts regularly.
- Monitor and implement all accounts payable, check activation and wire transactions.
- Monitor account reconciliations, and assist internal staff in account reconciliation process
- Administer bank transactions and oversee data recording and reconciliations.
- Develop and deliver reports for recurring needs and special projects; support audit with schedules as needed.
- Assist in the evaluation of current methods and processes inclusive of upgradation of process development.
- Strong techncial accounting skills, knowledge of GAAP and at least 3 years related accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Sage Intacct or other similar accounting software, Bill.com, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Monday.com
- Familiarity of corporate and non-profit finance; work with government grant requirements preferred
- Experience and appreciation for working collaboratively with non-finance colleagues in problem-solving, building efficiencies and keeping a dynamic and busy accounting team running smoothly.
- Strong detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred.
We are Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 35 years by helping underserved women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming their lives and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance owns and operates our own building in San Franciscos South of Market (SOMA) community, which is the site of our headquarters and home to over 35 small business tenants.
Renaissance has a diverse and growing funding pool, including fee for services, approximately 45 government grants (CDBG/HUD, US SBA, State of CA, etc.), grants and contributions. Renaissances 2022 budget is $5.6M and we require an A133 single audit. Learn more about us at .
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer; individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Renaissance is committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.
Powered by JazzHR
About the Company
Company: Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center
Company Location: San Francisco, CA