Accountant Job at XPO Logistics in Charlotte, NC
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we believe that positive financial results are what fuel our growth and keep us at the top of our industry. As the Accountant, you will perform important accounting functions for our domestic and international operations. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Ensure accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies and procedures
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting closes for areas of functional responsibility
- Complete and/or oversee the monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts; resolve outstanding balance issues
- Accurately and efficiently maintain the general ledger accounts; analyze, understand and interpret trends and variances, and explain fluxes
- Support the preparation and distribution of monthly accounting management reports and statistical analysis data based on areas within accounting, such as cash, accruals, accounts receivable, accounts payable, intercompany reconciliations, foreign exchange, etc.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work or military experience
- 1 year of accounting or financial reporting experience
- Strong math aptitude
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- CPA certification
- 3 or more years of accounting or financial reporting experience, preferably with a Big Four accounting firm
- 1 year of experience working in a medium to large, multinational company, preferably with Oracle and Hyperion Financial Management tools (HFM, Hyperion Essbase or other financial reporting/consolidation software)
- Solid ability to understand and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
About the Company
Company: XPO Logistics
Company Location: Charlotte, NC