Accounts Assistant Job at HCL Care Services – in Accounts Assistant
HCL Job Description
Position: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9am-5pm)
Location: HCL Head Office 8 Childwall Valley Road, Liverpool L16 4PE
The Role & Function:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Homecarers which is a highly respected local company providing care services in the Liverpool area. Homecarers is part of a large international company which is rapidly expanding in the UK with ambitions to become one of the leading brands in care services.
This office based role is the perfect opportunity to develop your IT technical skills and expand your accounting knowledge and experience in all aspects of financial accounting, ultimately providing administration support to the Senior Management Team. You will ideally hold or be in your final year of a financial accounting qualification, have sound knowledge and understanding of the fundamental concepts of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger with demonstrable experience: working with large data sets in Excel, liaising with third party providers, clients and suppliers, preparing and entering journals into the system, invoice processing, collections and supporting the preparation of management accounts and month-end duties while facilitating accurate weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting.
You will be a strong team player, hard working within your team with a positive and proactive attitude who works well under pressure and working towards business deadlines in order to get the job done, having a desire to learn and develop your skills and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Accounts Payable/Receivable/General Ledger
- Support accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded in line with internal accounting practices and procedures.
- Reconciling accounting data to ensure accuracy in internal and third party software packages.
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly report
- Assist with reviewing of Payroll records, Advances, Expenses etc. as assigned
- Support accounts receivable and issuance of invoices
- Support the processing of payments and documents such as sales invoices, employee reimbursements, and other general ledger transactions.
- Posting and allocating daily receipts to accounting system.
- Support the reconciliation of payments to customers’ accounts.
- Supporting the accounts receivable process by being proficient with timely effective collection of all debts and customer payments
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding AP/AR transaction
- Supporting the accounts receivable function by sending invoices/reminders and statements to sales customers, following our internal credit management procedures for the group.
- Follow internal escalation matrix, when there is an identification of financial risk to HCL, by highlighting to Senior Management Team at appropriate time, referring to internal credit control and supplier escalation procedures.
- Pro-actively liaising with other departments across the business to ensure the best service is provided to our owners/customers
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Build strong, positive relationships with customers.
Essential Skills, Personal Profile & our expectations of the candidate
- Due to the nature of the role an AAT finalist or similar accounting qualification is essential and must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Possess good analytical skills of financial data. Able to analyse information and present it meaningfully ensuring it is understood by all.
- Have advanced computer skills, especially Excel.
- Self-starter and ability to identify potential weaknesses and improvements with the existing financial processes.
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload. Results driven and used to working in a fast moving environment
- Ability to help other team members in the finance department when needed.
- A team player, with an ability to communicate financial matters clearly and confidently to varying stakeholders.Confident and professional, with the ability to represent the company with customers and advisers and communicate at all levels within the company and the Group.
- Invest time and effect into proper training of all areas (if necessary)
Be able to work autonomously and use initiative.Have strong attention to detail and high levels of accurace
- Be committed to the role, invest proper time to know the systems to ensure
Workplace pension scheme
*The tasks listed above description would not completely be responsible to the candidate chosen, however it is essential that all areas within the specification are met by the candidate, and should show evidence of these skills and abilities through various methods of interviewing and testing*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £21,000.00-£24,000.00 per year
- Due to the nature of the role an AAT finalist or similar accounting qualification is essential. What financial qualification do you hold?
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: HCL Care Services –
Company Location: Accounts Assistant