Accounts & Finance Manager Job at Gavic Express (Pty) Ltd in Johannesburg, Gauteng
Nova Human Capital Solutions (Pty) Ltd is currently recruiting for the following candidate:
Background to Gavic Express
Gavic Express was established in 1998 with the sole purpose of providing courier to courier services, after identifying the need for courier to courier services in the market.
We have achieved this by sharing our customers’ goals and pressures and by working in a uniquely adaptable way towards our client’s needs. With a continuously growing customer base, Gavic Express prides itself on providing our clients’ with passionate personalised service and value for money.
By offering a courier to courier service within the wholesale market, Gavic Express, through our branch networks in Johannesburg, Polokwane, Nelspruit and Bloemfontein, we have managed to maintain our level of service by making sure that our clients parcels are delivered on time, every time. With an extensive regional network, our experienced staff are able to handle the complexities and logistics of courier to courier services. Based on the needs of current and new clients, Gavic Express is expanding to new and surrounding areas thereby strengthening our current client base in order to provide better service to our highly valued clients.
Flexibility and responsiveness are the hallmarks in our approach to customer service. We continuously focus on delivering the best service and upholding our standards of quality. Our commitment to understanding our clients’ needs allows us to be responsive in the delivery of our clients’ promises.
The position of Financial Manager consists of analysing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain a record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and/or other financial activities within an organisation. Furthermore, the Financial Manager is to manage and monitor the subordinate staff within the Finance Department.
Key Performance Areas
· Cost effective allocation and use of Company resources.
· Provide input and consolidate departmental and provisional budgets
· Assist the company to meet its revenue targets through planning and controlling the budget.
· Accurately and timeously delivered financial reports.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to project future revenues and expenses and/or to provide advice
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and/or other tax requirements
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems by making use of current computer technology
- Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets by preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts
- Examine and maintain the records of government agencies
- Prepare, examine, and/or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Be available to the external auditors of the Company during the annual audit process
- Report to management regarding the finances of the Company.
- The ability to use logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, as well as, identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and thereafter implement solutions.
- Present financial information and reports to CEO.
- Generate reports (trail balance, Debtors age analysis, supplier’s age analysis, income statement, balance sheet) and verify that correct account allocation was done.
- Review that all the data has been captured on the accounting systems
- Give the necessary assistance and training to the Financial staff
- Authorisation of purchase orders based on the accuracy thereof
- Agreeing new purchase orders with current budget before authorising
- Authorise creditors reconciliations
- Pass the necessary credit notes and adjustments
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of the cashbook
- Assisting Management as far as possible with cash flow projections
- Authorise documentation submitted for payment via the cashbook
- Ensure maintenance of debit order file and review on a monthly basis
- Agree actual expenses versus budget
- Scrutinise general ledger for obvious mistakes and misallocations on a monthly basis.
Learning and Growth (Staffing)
- Develop own competencies required for daily functioning.
- Evaluate staff performance.
- Assist and train finance team
- Provide on-the-job training as necessary.
Client and Vendor Management
- Deal with customers in polite, understanding manner.
- Follow-up on client issues as necessary.
- Monitor client satisfaction.
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial management role
- Senior certificate (NQF4) or the equivalent
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Business
- Valid code B driver’s license and own transport
- Passed credit and criminal checks
- S.A Citizen or valid work permit for S.A.
Location, Hours and Travel
- This a Full-time post and is based in Johannesburg.
- May be required to work extended working hours (overtime) from time to time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
Company: Gavic Express (Pty) Ltd
Company Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng