Accounts/Finance Manager Job at Universal Business Team – in Perth WA
With nearly 20 years’ experience, our client is a proudly Australian owned and operated family business, who have a positive and strong customer centric culture. They have grown to become the leading distributor of packaging material, warehouse consumables and safety supplies for their valued customers across Australia. Their modern head office and warehouse facilities are in Welshpool, Perth, and are ideally situated for efficient distribution to the whole of Western Australia.
They pride themselves on being a modern, energetic, people focused company with a single shared passion; to serve their customers with friendliness, enthusiasm, and attention to detail, delivering quick service with total peace of mind.
Fundamental to this role is excellent knowledge and execution of Accounts Services and the production of financial data reporting. We are looking for a highly collaborative and inspiring accounting professional who will embody the company’s philosophy of maintaining a culture of excellence.
This role will provisionally start off with a core focus on managing the Accounts Receivable function of the business, and over time the scope of the role will develop to encompass efficient and timely delivery of all transactional commercial functions of the Accounts department, including overseeing and executing the following: accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial month end reporting, cashflow management, bank reconciliations, managing customer credit matters, processing credit applications, and managing overdue payers. Additionally, you will oversee an Accounts Officer, providing guidance and support where required.
This includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage the financial accounting unit, ensuring first-class performance, financial controls and processes are developed and maintained
- Ensuring creditors and debtor transactions are executed correctly
- Management of general ledger including accruals
- Managing and dealing with discrepancies, queries, and escalations
- Accountable for preparation of budgets and cashflow reports
- Ensure integrity of financial data for management reporting and interpretation of performance indicators
- Produce timely & accurate monthly balance sheets & P&L reconciliation
- Processing monthly BAS & payroll tax lodgements
- Investigate and present proposals for cost reduction opportunities
- Liaise with external Company Accountant as required
What we are looking for:
- Experience and proficiency in accounts receivable and all related accounting functions as mentioned above
- Experience with accounting software’s
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong MS Excel knowledge and good computer literacy
- Analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Integrity, a positive attitude, and mindset
- A self-starter who can work autonomously
- Strong IT and technology skills
- Experience with MYOB EXO and ezyCollect would be advantageous but is not essential
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary package with excellent individual incentive scheme!
- Work for a high-growth business with a reputation for product and service excellence
- Opportunity to drive your career to the next level
- A supportive and encouraging workplace with strong family values
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a company who believe in investing in their people and providing and environment that is welcoming, rewarding, and responsive. If you are a finance superstar please apply today!
About the Company
Company: Universal Business Team –
Company Location: Perth WA