Accounts Officer Job at 5B Pty Ltd – in Sydney NSW
Our exciting future:
Disruption, innovation and taking on the world is reflected in our quest to create abundant, accessible, affordable power from the sun to meet all our energy needs, all over the world.
5B, our company name, is a constant reminder that we have 5 billion years of sunshine left and provokes the question ‘how will we use it? Our mission is to drive a paradigm shift in the delivery, integration and operation of clean energy, from project-by-project, and in-situ construction to rapid deployment of standardised products and solutions. We will scale globally through an ecosystem of partners, collaborators and complementary technologies.
Our primary innovations are the ‘MAVERICK’ solar array and our unique go-to-market strategy empowering lower cost and scalable renewable energy solutions.
Excited? Are you Bold? Practical? Are you a collaborator who loves to innovate and drive hard to create a sustainable future together? Then 5B could be the place for you.
Based on our state of the art Mascot campus, the Accounts Officer position will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable and payments to trade creditors, accounts receivable and receipts from customers as per agreed terms and assisting the finance team. The role will also be largely responsible for training Accounts Assistants and other admin staff as directed by the CFO and Head of Finance.
- Monitor and process all supplier invoices to appropriate GL codes in a timely manner.
- Assist with management of key suppliers applications and contact detail maintenance
- Ensure that all company liabilities processed by AP are in line with the company’s overall Delegations of Authority
- Liaise with approvers to assist with the invoice processing
- Liaise with suppliers/intercompany representatives to clarify outstanding accounts and resolve payment or appropriate adjustments.
- Generate EFT runs and upload them to the bank
- Reconcile Accounts Payable accounts and Intercompany balances
- Monitor and process all customer invoices to appropriate GL codes in a timely manner.
- Assist with management of key debts owing and contact detail maintenance
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable accounts
- Maintain General Ledger and reconcile and make adjustments where necessary as authorised by the Head of Finance.
- Assist with bank reconciliations and support with Cash Flow reporting.
- Assist with queries in connection with amounts processed to Profit & Loss accounts on an ongoing basis.
Are you the Allstar we are searching for?
You will be certificate or degree qualified in Accounting or Finance. You must have at least 2+ years of experience in a similar role. You must have experience in analysing and preparing financial reports, statements and projections. You must have good knowledge of accounting standards, budgeting and cost control principles.
It is crucial that you must also have knowledge of automated financial systems.
What is it like working at 5B?
Exciting, practical, funky, flexible working and the chaotic fun of a high growth business moving into a period of rapid development both locally and internationally.
We have unique benefits such as dog and kid-friendly; yoga, wellness, team and social activities with themes supporting the local community, sustainability and inclusion. We care and provide a wholesome employee assistance program.
We live our purpose every day!
5B is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is endorsed by Work180 as a preferred workplace for women.
Be bold. Stay true. Build bridges, cross borders.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: 5B Pty Ltd –
Company Location: Sydney NSW