Accounts Payable Manager Job at PepsiCo – in Sydney NSW
Work for a global FMCG company with some of the world’s most trusted and iconic brands.
Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised and career growth is supported.
With a large portfolio of food and beverage brands, PepsiCo Australia & New Zealand employs more than 1500 people across ANZ at Smiths Snack Food Company, Bluebird Foods NZ and PepsiCo Beverages. With global brands like Doritos, Gatorade, and Pepsi Max, we also make some home-grown favourites such as Smith’s Chips, Red Rock Deli, Twisties, and our Bluebird NZ snack brands. PepsiCo was recognised as a Top Employer in both Australia and New Zealand in 2021, one of only 16 organisations globally to earn this certification.
PepsiCo has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for gender equality for the past 9 years and is one of the leading organisations in this space. We also believe in our sustainability strategy, that there is an opportunity to change how the world distributes, consumes, and disposes of food and beverages and we aim to use our scale, reach, and expertise to help build a more sustainable food system that can still meet human needs for enjoyment and continue to drive our economic and social development.
To continue our success, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Permanent, Full Time Accounts Payable Manager to join our Finance team, based in Chatswood.
This role will see you building relationships with multiple stakeholders to ensure that all suppliers are managed in accordance with Company policies and agreed purchasing terms.
- Timely reviews of AP Ledger, GR/IR and invoice exception reports compiled by IBM Shared Services Team (SSC) on a regular basis
- Review monthly reconciliation of AP related GL balances in Blackline system and ensure remediation of any Balance Sheet Review action items
- Lead vendor invoice payments and employee T&E claims (ensuring all employees are settling expenses in Concur within 30 days of occurrence)
- Provide instruction to IBM SSC for approved claims/invoices, to follow up on overdue invoices and settlement timelines
- Liaise with SSC Team to perform reconciliation of supplier statements to invoices
- Manage the relationship between IBM SSC, creditors, and business functions, supporting resolutions of escalated issues
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Global Procurement, Marketing, Operations, and Operations Finance) to resolve any pending issues/invoices
- Lead connects with Buyers, Superusers and P2P Experts to engage them in problem solving and keeping updated on KPIs
Process & Controls Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for improvements and support the implementation cross-functionally
- Manage the internal and external audits for AP and address issues arising from audit results
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting and/or payables function coupled with recognized qualification in AP management
Knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint & Excel), as well as SAP/Ariba/Concur (preferable)
Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills across all levels of the organisation
Ability to support and implement process improvement changes
Experience working within a Shared Services environment
Understanding of Goods & Services Tax laws
What we can offer you:
Flexibility with work hours and work location
Retail and service discounts through our online programs
Health initiatives through our Health and Wellness programs
Personal and professional growth opportunities through Learning Offerings online
We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Because we value our employees and their families, we offer an agile and flexible working environment with an emphasis on work life balance and health, as well as plenty of learning opportunities and room to grow your career.
Your positive attitude will be rewarded with excellent long term local and global career opportunities, and ongoing professional development along with a fun and rewarding working environment.
You will be a key part of a dynamic team and a valuable contributor to a global company that is one of the FMCG market leaders. At PepsiCo, we recognise our people as a key part of our business and career progression within the business is encouraged and supported.
We are committed to recruiting, training and retaining high quality people.
Interested? Know someone who might be? This is a great opportunity to join the PepsiCo ANZ team.
PepsiCo’s hiring process:
Submit your application
Interview(s) and skills evaluation
Online Assessment process
Reference and background checks
At PepsiCo, we believe what makes you unique, makes us better. We embrace equal opportunities for all employees. We believe that our people are our best asset and understand the importance of bringing different perspectives, different lenses and different experiences to our workplace. We are committed to building and supporting an inclusive workforce that truly reflects the global communities we operate within. We encourage women, people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTQI+ and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.
Relocation Eligible: Not Applicable
Job Type: Regular
About the Company
Company: PepsiCo –
Company Location: Sydney NSW