Analyst, Senior Financial (Financial Reporting & Billing) – (21-FAB-2410-014) Job at DC Water – 3.7 in Washington, DC
Tuesday, May 4, 2021
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this job. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform work-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description. This job description is not a “contract” between the employee and the Authority. The job duties and essential functions may be changed at the discretion of the General Manager.
Analyst, Senior Financial (Financial Reporting & Billing)
Finance, Accounting & Budget
Grade 17: $90,902 – $151,503 per annum
8:00am – 5:00pm
May 4, 2021
May 18, 2021
Supports a broad variety of financial functions, at a senior level, which may include all or a subset of the following: finance, operating budget, capital budget, accounting, disbursements, long-range financial planning, etc.
- Directs all capital and operating budget preparation activities.
- Monitors capital authority needs for the long-range plan, ensuring all capital projects have adequate authority; determines timing for future requests for additional authority and ensures timely completion of authority reprogramming.
- Monitors operating spending versus appropriate budget.
- Prepares schedules for Board meetings.
- Develops spreadsheets to monitor key drivers.
- Monitors, reviews, analyzes, and formulates large account retail revenues.
- Conducts monthly team meetings to coordinate billing activities.
- Directs staff in improving revenue collection.
- Manages billing of Municipal & Federal accounts.
- Communicates with internal/external resources regarding revenue.
- Provides routine internal reports to managers for financial planning.
- Initiates work teams to resolve issues and produce work process improvements.
- Assists the CFO in the development, execution and monitoring of the short and long-term work plan for the CFO’s direct reporting units.
- Manages the administration operations and budget for the Department.
- May be required to represent the Finance Director (DC Water) to outside constituents, including U.S. Congress, jurisdictional users, EPA, large commercial and governmental customers.
- Monitor/oversight of revenue billing and collection of retail accounts.
- Develops and monitors 10-year financial plan, ensuring compliance with Board of Directors strategic goals and policies.
- Designs and proposes rate structures and fees.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned at the discretion of the supervisor.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages subordinate staff and team members from other work units, to ensure completion of assigned tasks. Manages and evaluates the progress of the unit towards meeting goals and adjustments in objectives, work plans, schedules, and commitments of resources.
Key Working Relationships: Interacts with co-workers throughout the Authority, Board members, representatives from the U.S. Congress, and the DC Council.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE & OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
The minimum qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability necessary for an individual to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are provided.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or similar field from an accredited university or college and five years of progressive experience related to performing analytical and evaluative work in a financial operations environment.
- In depth knowledge of applicable software programs (i.e. spreadsheets, etc.).
- Strong skills in communicating, orally and in writing.
- Ability to present to and write for executive management, Board of Directors, U.S. Congress, and the D.C. Council.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office conditions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
The Americans with Disabilities Act prohibits discrimination against “qualified individuals with disabilities”. If a reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Sprague, Manager, Talent Acquisition, in the Office of People and Talent at (202) 787-2457 or [email protected]
Job Family 2 – Professionals Job Function NU – Non Union Pay Type Salary Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
About the Company
Company: DC Water – 3.7
Company Location: Washington, DC