Assistant Controller Job at Adi Development Group – in Burlington, ON
By joining Adi, you’ll be joining one of the elite, fastest growing and most innovative real estate development and investment companies in Canada. We are an entrepreneurial, energetic, visionary, and high-performance team focused on our customers first, while delivering and upholding the highest standard in everything we do. We invest in continuous improvement, learning, self-development and growth. If you are energetic, efficient and detail oriented with strong organizational and leadership skills and are interested in joining a growing team of professionals, then you are who we’re looking for.
We are looking for a self-motivated, career driven Assistant Controller to support with the month and annual close processes and is responsible for tasks related to the month-end closing cycle, financial reporting and analysis in addition to daily treasury cash management functions. This role will also be accountable for building all entity and consolidated group key account schedules.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Payables close and reconciliation & Analysis
- Billing transactions – Management fees, reimbursables
- Capital asset record keeping, amortization journals and FS note schedules
- Inventory valuation analysis
- Prepare journal entries for the Controller and ensure that all journal registers are maintained with supporting backup
- Key account reconciliations
- Intercompany account management
- Variance analysis
- Compliance support and preparation of tracker schedules
- Other responsibilities as required
What You Bring
- Corporate analysis and reporting
- Full cycle accounting
- Lean Month-end closing process with checklist and signoff procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA designation a must, Preference given to candidates with CPA, CA designation
- 3+ years with one of the “Big-four” Public Accounting Firms
Nice to Have Skills
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional organization skills
- Proven problem solver
- Customer and deadline focused
- Performance driven in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- You’ll wear multiple hats and get hands on experience with all aspects of your team’s projects
- We champion Ownership – from your first day you will be involved in shaping the direction of Adi
- We focus on continuously developing our team through education reimbursements and professional development offerings
- We don’t believe in micromanagement – while we are here to provide guidance, we trust you to do your job and achieve success
- Health benefits and personal health spending account
Who We Are
- Founded in 2007, Adi Development Group is one of Canada’s leading, most innovative real estate development and investment companies. We have developments spanning the GTA with over $2 Billion currently under development and growing.
- At Adi Development Group, each endeavour begins with an unrelenting commitment to master the extraordinary. From selecting only those locations that represent exceptional value, to forward-thinking designs and quality-driven buildings that enhance each community, to engaging partners that share our quest for excellence – this philosophy is evident in all that we do.
- From real estate investment, to planning, design, building and management, the Adi team takes pride in bringing passion and energy to every step of the process. It’s a philosophy that continues to drive our residential and commercial real estate endeavors throughout the GTA. While others prefer to strive for the exceptional, we actually use it as our starting point. Build from there, and remarkable results can’t help but follow.
Adi Development Group is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. Adi Development Group is committed to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential. We hire based on merit and are committed to the principle of equity in employment. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, Adi Development Group will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $80,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
About the Company
Company: Adi Development Group –
Company Location: Burlington, ON