Assistant Dean for Financial Planning Job at Rutgers University – 4.2 in Newark, NJ
Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Dean for Financial Planning
Job Category Staff & Executive – Executive
Department SASN – Dean’s Office
The School of Arts and Sciences-Newark (SASN) is a place where exploration, discovery, and imagination come together to form the core of a liberal arts education. We serve all undergraduates at Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N); and offer a broad selection of more than 2,000 undergraduate and graduate courses a year in more than 40 subjects. SASN combines the best of a large research university with a small liberal arts college. RU-N is a remarkably diverse, urban, public research university that is not just in Newark but of Newark-an anchor of our home city.
The School of Arts and Sciences-Newark (SASN) is seeking an Assistant Dean for Financial Planning to join the Dean’s Office and work collaboratively with team members, faculty, staff, and a variety of individuals throughout the Rutgers University system. The successful candidate will be part of a team managing a $130 million budget and is responsible for financial planning, budget forecasting, and data management. In addition, the Assistant Dean will mentor, coach, and lead a group of business managers overseeing the financial transactions of SASN’s departments, programs, centers, and administrative units.
Job responsibilities include and are not limited to:
Developing budget proposals and projections
Analyzing and reviewing financial data
Preparing financial statements
Creating fund distribution formulas
Managing forecasting, working budget, and monthly closing processes
The Assistant Dean will be part of a team embracing the challenges of achieving our community goals and supporting the team we work with as we all grow together.
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift Day
Annual Minimum Salary 79758.000
Annual Mid Range Salary 100953.000
Annual Maximum Salary 122148.000
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles and practices;
Also requires a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in a financial/accounting function, excellent communication skills, and computer literacy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Excellent communication and analytical skills;
Ability to integrate multiple sources of information;
Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
Ability to adapt to a changing environment and to handle multiple priorities.
- Master’s degree
- Demonstrated supervisory experience strongly desired
- Regularly uses all software, systems, and equipment necessary to provide effective and efficient support for budget, financial, and grant administration;
- MS Office Suite;
- Employment Eligibility Verification I-9;
- All systems the University uses for budget, accounting, procurement, proposal submission, grants administration, and the equipment, software, and specialized materials needed to support the effective and efficient performance of this position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment with requirement to skillfully and professionally handle multiple shifting priorities, interacting successfully with a wide variety of individuals and stakeholders at all levels of the University community;
- Must be able to handle interruptions and quickly reestablish focus on the multiple tasks at hand on a continual basis.
Posting Number 21ST2792
Posting Open Date 09/23/2021
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Home Location Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
High School Diploma/GED
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles and practices?
- Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in a financial reporting and forecasting?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
List of Professional References (contact Info)
About the Company
Company: Rutgers University – 4.2
Company Location: Newark, NJ