Assistant Finance Manager- IRC86471E Job at Scottish Government in Dundee
- Responsible for supporting the Benefit Accounting Finance Manager to develop and deliver the financial accounting requirements for the administering of benefit payments.
- Working closely with the Finance Manager to support the Debt Management Team in the development and implementation of debt management processes and reporting.
- Support the Finance Manager in developing and articulating accounting system and process requirements through engagement with project management leads for the delivery of benefits.
- Updating and managing project plans
- Supporting the ongoing development and periodic reviews of the risk and controls framework.
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure all benefit payments are accounted for correctly.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting and financial regulations, including the Scottish Public Finance Manual (SPFM), Financial Reporting Manual (FReM), and accounting standards.
- Contribute to the annual accounts process, ensuring working papers provide a full audit trail.
- Extensive use of SEAS and other financial systems.
- Line management responsibility, providing support and guidance to any direct reports. Be proactive with performance management to develop and fulfil their potential by identifying and meeting training needs.
- Working flexibly across the team as the agency grows and matures.
- Any other ad-hoc duties.
1: Ability to demonstrate strong technical accounting experience, attention to detail and accuracy, preferably gained in a financial accounting role within a large and complex organisation.
2: The ability to work on your own initiative to deliver high quality financial reporting and reconciliation outputs , alongside a challenging delivery timetable with strong analytical and Excel skills.
3: Excellent communication skills with internal and external stakeholders, including the ability to build and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
4: Strong people management skills.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
About the Company
Company: Scottish Government
Company Location: Dundee