Assistant Finance Officer Job at NHS England and NHS Improvement – in Leeds
NHS England – North East and Yorkshire is responsible for commissioning a wide range of NHS services for the local population including the direct commissioning of Primary Care services. The Primary Care Finance team supports the Commissioning Directorate in managing these services. The Primary Care Finance team also provides finance support to local CCGs in respect of GP services they commission directly from delegated budgets.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering an effective service supporting finance managers and staff across the patch:
- To provide financial management support to the senior finance This will include production and analysis of monthly reports using the ledger system and report writing packages including both provider and commissioner performance information
- To investigate variances and provide analysis of financial data
- To administer and review where appropriate payment schedules
- To support finance colleagues in the implementation of new policy initiatives
- Co-ordinate and provide administrative support and advice to the teams including taking telephone calls for others, undertaking photocopying, organising meetings, preparing agenda, taking minutes, organising and planning events as directed, providing all necessary supporting in local
- To carry out other appropriate delegated duties as
Applicants will preferably be studying towards a recognised financial qualification and have strong experience working in an NHS finance environment. Although Primary Care experience would be an advantage more important will be the overall skill set and professional approach that candidates can bring to the role.
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive organisation and a modern employer. We value workplace diversity, we actively employ people from all walks of life with different backgrounds, genders, ages, faiths, abilities, sexual orientation and ethnicity/race because we value diversity in our staff who will apply their unique experiences and perspectives to enrich our innovation and creativity. In addition, we aim to create a culture of belonging in the workplace. We particularly welcome enquires and applications from our Black, Asian & Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities as we have recognised our regional finance team has an under representation of BAME employees and we want this to change.
The location of the post is flexible across North East & Yorkshire and we are open to discussions with candidates around where the most suitable base would be. We currently operate from a number of locations: –
- Waterfront 4, Newcastle
- Old Exchange, Darlington
- Health House, Willerby, Hull
- Alpha Court, York
- Oak House, Rotherham
- Quarry House, Leeds
There may be a requirement on occasions to travel between sites across North East & Yorkshire.
About the Company
Company: NHS England and NHS Improvement –
Company Location: Leeds