Assistant Vice President – Sports Finance Job at DBRS – in Toronto, ON
The Diversified Industries and Sports Finance team of DBRS Morningstar is seeking a highly motivated individual with a minimum of five years of relevant experience in corporate credit analysis, research, or investment banking and a strong interest in the global sports finance and construction and engineering sectors to join the team in Toronto as an Assistant Vice President.
Working closely with the lead analysts of those sectors and the other members of the team, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining market-leading coverage of the above sectors. The role involves assessing the creditworthiness of an existing portfolio of sports franchises, stadiums and construction and engineering companies and over time working on new rating mandates.
This position reports to the Managing Director of Diversified Industries and Sports Finance.
- Perform company and industry research, financial statement analysis, prepare forecasts and assess management strategy to inform rating recommendations.
- Review legal documentation related to credit analysis and in particular complex legal documents relating to project finance like stadium financings.
- Prepare rating committee materials and lead rating committee presentations.
- Produce timely, high-quality rating reports, press releases and commentaries on rated entities and industry sector trends.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of existing rating methodologies.
- Mentor junior analysts.
- Develop relationships with issuers, investors, intermediaries, and other stakeholders.
- Adhere to rigorous regulatory requirements, including detailed record-keeping, training, and compliance with DBRS Morningstar policies and procedures.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in credit, finance, banking and/or consulting with experience in the above noted sectors a significant positive.
- Experience in assessing project finance structures a significant positive.
- Solid knowledge of IFRS accounting.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with a thorough attention to detail.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong inter-personal skills.• Self-starter and strong team player, with the ability to meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and producing high quality work.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in commerce, business, economics, or other relevant discipline.
- Completion of CFA program is preferred.• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Bloomberg skills
DBRS Morningstar is a global credit ratings business, currently with 700 employees in eight offices globally. Formed through the July 2019 acquisition of DBRS by Morningstar, Inc., the ratings business is the fourth-largest provider of credit ratings in the world.
DBRS Morningstar is committed to empowering investor success, serving the market through leading-edge technology and raising the bar for the industry. DBRS Morningstar is a market leader in Canada, the U.S. and Europe in multiple asset classes.
DBRS Morningstar rates more than 2,600 issuers and 54,000 securities worldwide and is driven to bringing more clarity, diversity of opinion, and responsiveness to the ratings process. DBRS Morningstar’s approach and size provide the agility to respond to customers’ needs, while being large enough to provide the necessary expertise and resources.
About the Company
Company: DBRS –
Company Location: Toronto, ON