Bank Partner Program Manager Job at BlueVine in Jersey City, NJ
BlueVine is a high-growth fintech company empowering small businesses with innovative banking. By combining industry-leading technology and security with our team’s expertise and care, we’ve helped 200,000+ businesses, funding more than $9 billion since 2013.
Small businesses deserve accessible and modern financial services, and traditional banks have underserved them for too long. We’re hiring problem solvers and collaborators to join our meaningful mission.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA, we’ve recently raised $102.5M and are backed by top investors, including Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, Citi Ventures, SVB Financial, Nationwide Insurance, and M12.
The Bank Partner Program Manager (“Program Manager“ or “PM“) reports directly to the Vice President – Head of Operations and Account Management, and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of a designated Bank Strategic Partner Program. The core responsibilities are risk management and relationship support, but also includes ongoing reviews of marketing product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology. The Program Manager interacts with and is supported by each respective department within the company and third-party resources (i.e. Auditors and Outside Counsel) required to manage the Bank Partner Programs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Primary point of contact for each assigned Bank Partner to maintain a balanced approach to managing the risk with the Bank Partner and the overall relationship.
- Perform risk assessments on all areas of importance to Bank Partners, and use the assessments to drive the oversight strategy across the company, to mitigate the operational risks to the Bank.
- Work closely with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department that is required (or third party) for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of marketing, operations, product, credit risk and other appropriate functions to maintain a great relationship with the bank.
- Proactively prepare for and coordinate the company’s highest-priority assistance with periodic Bank Partner annual site visits and risk-based audits and targeted exams. In collaboration with other Company departments, review and audit the company’s adherence to contractual agreements and applicable regulations.
- Regular interaction with each respective Bank Partner to identify, track and review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities and contractual requirements.
- Work with the Bank Partner to obtain and review monthly, quarterly and annual reporting metrics.
- Review and analyze customer complaint information in order to better understand customer concerns, identify potential issues and seek opportunities to improve the Bank Partner program.
- Work with Legal to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material including policies, procedures and customer facing documentation.
- Support Compliance and Bank Partner personnel during regulatory exams or internal audits.
- Support the onboarding of new Bank Partners.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of finance (or related) experience, or related Master’s degree with 3 years of finance experience, primarily focused on operations, risk and relationship management.
- Bank partnership management, small business banking or small business lending product experience is a plus.
- Good people-management and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well in a team or individually.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and simplify complex issues with strong attention to detail; identify and drive strategic solutions.
- Skill in coordinating with other departments to accomplish mutual goals between the company and its Bank Partners.
- Advanced project management skills
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Receive over $1,000 annually for a wellness benefit of your choice
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Generous PTO and holidays
- Excellent health coverage and life insurance benefits
- Generous, paid parental leave which covers up to 15 weeks
- 401K with an immediate 3% company match
Once we Return to Office:
- Free commuter benefits – CalTrain passes for SF employees and a monthly parking allowance
- Weekly catered lunches
- Unlimited snacks in fully stocked kitchens
- Pet-friendly HQ
Apply for this Job
First Name *
Last Name *
Drop files here
Drop files here
Website / Portfolio / Github
What are your compensation expectations? (include base and bonus only) *
What are your compensation expectations?
Will you now, or in the future, require visa sponsorship to work in the U.S.? *
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at BlueVine are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
Are you Hispanic/Latino?
Please identify your race
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A “disabled veteran” is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Why are you being asked to complete this form?
We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at . How do you know if you have a disability?
You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cardiovascular or heart disease
- Celiac disease
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
1Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of Federal contractors, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at .
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.
About the Company
Company Location: Jersey City, NJ