BFC P&L Control Associate – Charlotte Job at Bank of America in USA
- Analyst responsible for analysis and verification of P/L and risk positions for the RMBS trading desks. Estimate trading P/L for trading desks based on daily market movements, explain differences to reported P/L, and communicate analysis to traders, Finance management, and other business partners.
- Work with analysts producing daily P/L to provide guidance on exceptions, complex transactions, and significant risk items.
- Work with Trading and Technology groups to implement enhancements to current infrastructure.
- Create tactical solutions to critical questions and enhancements.
- Consult with various Finance analysts on design and creation of tools used to support the business.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and understanding of product and trade life cycle flow.
- Responsible for end to end daily P&L and B/S production processes.
- Performs ledger closing of books during month end, posts journal entries, prepares and may review FOBO reconciliation between systems.
- Coordinates and resolves any system discrepancies.
Required skills include:
- Bachelors Degree in related field required
- Prior experience with P/L and risk processes
- Experience with applying risk factors to explain P/L movements
- Exposure to a trading environment
- Very strong Excel/tech skills
- The ability to analyze, reconcile, and interpret large amounts of data
- Strong detail orientation
- The ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to continuously learn on the job, technical fluency, with ability to learn new systems quickly, ability to problem-solve and take ownership of process improvements, the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Desired Skills include:
- Knowledge of mortgage back securities and accounting of financial instruments.
- R-Studio; Python, Tableau, Alteryx, Fin Tech automation tools
Shift: 1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: 40
About the Company
Company: Bank of America
Company Location: USA