Budget and Financial Analyst Job at Central Health – 4.0 in Austin, TX
This position works directly with the Deputy CFO on complex financial issues, and provides high level financial analysis, review, research, reports and recommendations regarding budgeting and reporting, financial projects and policy issues.
Under minimal direction, acts independently and under direct authority of the Deputy CFO to coordinate and provide budgetary, tax rate and financial information to management by planning, developing, interpreting, monitoring and reporting financial information for use by management.
Essential Duties (at least 5 that are non-negotiable duties and are absolutely pertinent to successfully completing the job without accommodations):
- Develops budgets and performs budget analysis by implementing organizational budget processes, providing guidance and recommendations to management in the development and completion of budgets; analyzing and monitoring the budget by preparing or reviewing current year estimates and budget variance reports, reporting on budget variances; reviewing budget forecasts; supporting the governmental requirements for establishing the annual tax rate; and reviewing current and historical budget information and data.
- Assembles, analyzes, monitors, and reviews current and historical financial and budget and tax rate information, prepares financial forecasts and summaries, and identifies and analyzes trends to keep management abreast of the financial condition of the organization and to facilitate informed decisions.
- Prepares complex healthcare service line business-case modeling, including identification of comparable benchmark data or models to correlate and validate results.
- Prepares or reviews financial reports by preparing or reviewing complex periodic internal and external financial documents, supporting schedules and financial reports to ensure accuracy; researching, compiling, monitoring, and summarizing current and historical financial and budget information and data; and reporting on financial and budget condition and trends.
- Assist in the preparation of operating budgets for departments by basing budget on strategic initiatives, performance, and forecasting models
- Extracts data from financial systems for analysis, research and monitoring.
- Validates financial status by performing financial reviews and validating actual results.
- Develops and maintains computer spreadsheet models and databases by designing and maintain complex spreadsheets and databases to support project data analysis, analyzing data to discover patterns or discrepancies, make recommendations based on data and presenting information for specific projects.
- Develops operating procedures by advising management on alternative solutions to business problems based on interpreting complex requirements from the users’ research and performing financial analysis, and ensures that these procedures include appropriate internal controls.
- Prepares and presents reports by compiling, reviewing, and analyzing data and providing written and/or oral reports to management.
- Principles and methods of operating budgets, capital projects budgets, revenue forecasting, cost of service studies, debt management, cash management, and development of business case models, financial modeling and policy analysis.
- Financial processes and methods used by the healthcare industry
- Personal computers including utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Skill in designing and maintaining complex spreadsheet and database models, including the ability to develop sophisticated, highly complex models to gather and analyze financial data.
- Skill in quantitative analysis methods and policy analysis.
- Skill in writing and speaking effectively.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports and recommendations. Knowledge of preferred business practices.
- Knowledge of financial reporting, including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing financial data.
- Skill in resolving problems or situations requiring the exercise of good judgment.
- Knowledge of project management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skill in planning and problem solving.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and work successfully with others.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major coursework related to finance or accounting.
PREFERRED EDUCATION: N/A
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of experience in financial occupation(s).
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience in governmental accounting.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: N/A
PREFERRED CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE: N/A
REQUIRED COURSES/COMPLETIONS (e.g., CPR): N/A
About the Company
Company: Central Health – 4.0
Company Location: Austin, TX