Buyer’s Admin Assistant Job at Zando – in Cape Town, Western Cape 7925
Zando was founded in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando forms part of the Jumia Group, the leading e-commerce platform in Africa. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive. With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa and offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are looking for a driven and well-organised individual to join our Purchasing Team. As a Buyer’s Admin Assistant, you will be required to provide administration support to the Buying Team in all areas of the Buying process. This is an administrative role, with the opportunity to grow.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assisting the Buyer in ensuring replenishment orders are agreed on with the Planner and are placed timeously as per the company strategy and range plan
- Placing orders into the ITEM master once the selection is done
- Doing the order confirmation and GRV comparison/match
- Ensuring Buy Plan is updated and notifying relevant parties of changes to be reflected in the Buy Plan
- Creating commitment sheets and raising Purchase Orders
- Updating supplier data, such as terms and conditions, credit maintenance, payment terms and discounts
- Assist with Warehouse, Finance and Supplier queries
- Minute-taking in meetings
- Following up on bookings and follow through up until products are live
- Check website to ensure that products are in correctly priced and categorised
- Management of shipping documents and supplier payments
Education, skills, behaviour and knowledge required:
Grade 12 (Senior Certificate – high school qualification)
- Relevant tertiary qualification advantageous.
- Previous administrative experience within a retail environment is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office package – with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
- High detail consciousness.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints.
- A genuine interest and passion for the fashion industry.
- Good presentation skills.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivers customer satisfaction;
- Leads completely;
- Embraces and drives change;
- Goes the extra mile;
- Is adventurous, open-minded and creative;
- Creates fun and a positive team spirit.
This appointment will be made in accordance with the Company’s Employment Equity Plan and preference will be given to people from Designated Groups and people with a disability, provided such job applicants meet the inherent criteria of the vacancy.
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Zando –
Company Location: Cape Town, Western Cape 7925