Chief Financial Officer Job at BeMobile in Grand Forks, ND
The Chief Financial Officer is an executive leadership team role that reports to the Chief Operating Officer and performs the function of overseeing the Finance Department which includes both the Accounting and Inventory teams. BeMobile operates over 65 Verizon locations across the country and has grown over 200% per year since 2008.
This position includes leading and coaching direct reports, cash and asset management of the organization, financial statement analysis, internal control, understanding of compensation plans and payroll processes, fostering vendor and bank relationships and continuous learning.
- LMA: Leadership + Management = Accountability -You must provide structure, discipline, support, and leadership to develop your team. In addition, you must effectively communicate the “why” for policies and processes, express ideas and thoughts, and keep others adequately informed and communicate status changes. You must also be forward thinking by looking for new ways to grow by trying new options and following up on the successes and failures of those initiatives. You are a great leader when you provide your people with clear direction, give them the necessary tools, let go of the vine, act with the greater good in mind, and take Clarity Breaks. You are a great manager when you keep expectations clear with your direct reports, communicate well, have the right Meeting Pulse, have Quarterly Conversations, and reward and recognize. The byproduct of being a great leader and a great manager are personal accountability and therefore a highly accountable team.
- Cash Management: You must oversee the utilization, maintenance, and growth of the company’s cash and other financial investments. Effective cash management consists of maximizing all credit facilities, collecting receivables, satisfying all vendor payables within designated due dates, and making sound business decisions to protect the balance sheet of the organization and its related entities.
- Financial Statement Analysis- You must oversee the development of short and long-term forecasts and budgets, ensure financial information is prepared timely, reviewed and available for all internal and external parties as needed. You must oversee the production and understand monthly financial statements, proactively report results, and ensure all accounting statements are accurate and have integrity. You must also oversee the accounting processes which includes proficiency utilizing the accounting system and determining the cash flow and cash needs for BeMobile and all related entities.
- Internal Control: You must implement systems to protect the organization from non-compliance, fraud, and other internal risks as they relate to the financial reporting of the company. You must ensure all financial reporting is accurate, reliable and free from material misstatements. In order to do so the Director of Finance must monitor all inputs and outputs from the Finance Team, diagnose any weaknesses in the system, and proactively prevent vulnerabilities from arising.
- Inventory- You must oversee and maintain all Inventory Department systems and processes. You must review optimal phone inventory levels, and ensure the correct accessory mix and identify new accessory opportunities. You must also maintain oversight of phone inventory, accessory inventory, aging inventory and disposal of obsolete inventory, and the disposal of defective/damaged equipment to vendors for credit or repair. You also must be proficient in inventory analysis and reporting.
- Compensation –You must oversee, understand and develop compensation plans for the sales team. This includes the development, analysis and reporting of pay plan performance with all goals, targets and escalators to match forecasts and labor budgets. The Director of Finance must also oversee all payroll processes within the organization and ensure pay information is delivered timely and accurately to all employees.
- Vendor & Bank Relationships – Inventory vendor relationships must be maintained by you and your team with your oversight and you must be part of strategic decisions on new vendors. Additionally, you must communicate with and foster strong relationships with all banking and financial institutions affiliated with BeMobile. In addition, the Director of Finance must evaluate prospective inventory, banking, and financial vendors to position the organization for continued growth.
- Continuous Learning – You must complete all assigned trainings via BeMobile Learning Management Software. Attend all training and development webinars/meetings per your role and position. Improve product knowledge related to your position and increase your skillset with tools provided by leadership, Training Department or self-education.
Competencies must include:
- Expert knowledge of accounts payable, general ledger, financial reporting, inventory reporting & strategies, inventory control, expense reporting systems.
- Working knowledge of industry CRM software, Quickbooks or similar Accounting Software, and Microsoft Business Intelligence preferred
- Ability to use computer equipment and learn new software applications.
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and related MS Office Suite products.
- Working knowledge of the business requirements in a growth environment fueled by acquisitions.
- Highly skilled in financial analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrate experience handling confidential information.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Must have at least 3+ years of leadership experience in related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in finance or purchasing relate field.
Our Purpose: To grow as a team while connecting our communities.
Full-Time Additional Benefits Offered:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Hospital, Accident, and Critical Care
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flex Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K-retirement package with employer matching contributions
- Service Plan Discounts
- Maternity/Parental Leave
- Financial Budgeting Tools
Our Core Values:
Accountable: We take ownership.
Adaptable: We embrace change.
Driven: We continuously improve.
Helpful: We serve with humility.
Trustworthy: We do the right thing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We invite you to complete the optional self-identification fields below used for compliance with government regulations and record-keeping guidelines.
BeMobile Job Offers are contingent on the results of a background check.
About the Company
Company Location: Grand Forks, ND