Clinical Adviser, Mental Health Funding and Service Reform Job at Department of Health – in Melbourne City Centre VIC
Role: Clinical Adviser, Mental Health Funding and Service Reform (until 31 December 2021)
Number of vacancies available: 1
Office Location(s): 50 Lonsdale Street/Work from home
The Clinical Advisor, Mental Health Funding and Service Reform is a role established in the context of the Victorian Government’s commitment to the reform of how mental health services are funded, and the recommendations of the Royal Commission into Victoria’s Mental Health System concerning the development, trialling and implementation of activity-based and related funding models.
In consultation with health services and government stakeholders, the Clinical Advisor, Mental Health Funding and Service Reform is part of a team responsible for the development and implementation of new funding models for both bed-based and community-based clinical mental health services within the Mental Health Division.
The Clinical Advisor, Mental Health Funding and Service Reform will provide authoritative advice to the project on clinical and operational issues which impact the design and implementation of new funding models for clinical mental health services. This includes issues involving the intersection of funding reform with other service system reforms arising from the recommendations of the Royal Commission.
This role will work closely with the Director, clinical and technical advisory groups to ensure that clinical guidelines, performance reporting requirements and identification of outcomes associated with evidence-based care are supported by the new funding model and other service reforms. The role will also work with other teams in the division to progress mental health system and service reform opportunities.
- Strategically advise on the development and delivery of the mental health clinical funding reform project to meet statewide departmental and government objectives and community expectations.
- Maintain an understanding of clinical and operational issues impacting the department’s clients and investigate and lead the incorporation of policies, professional standards and operating practices into new mental health funding models and related service reforms.
- Forge strong connections across the department and with external stakeholders to facilitate a partnership approach to funding model reform.
- Identify and actively manage emerging issues and areas of risk for government, department and the community in the development of new funding models and related service reforms.
- Provide timely expert advice and develop open and effective communication strategies including collection of highly complex, contentious or sensitive information as required.
- Keep accurate and complete records of your work activities in accordance with legislative requirements and the department’s records, information security and privacy policies and requirements.
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and for that of others in the workplace by working in accordance with legislative requirements and the department’s occupational health and safety (OHS) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate how the actions and outcomes of this role impact clients and the department’s ability to deliver, or facilitate the delivery of, effective support and services.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are encouraged to apply online, submitting a cover letter and a current resume.
Please note: For this position, you are not required to address each of the key selection criteria in a separate written document.
Preferred candidates will be required to complete pre-employment screening, including a national police check and misconduct screening.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. Work eligibility will be checked as part of the recruitment process.
For further information please visit the Department of Health
Click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your interest in this position.
About the Company
Company: Department of Health –
Company Location: Melbourne City Centre VIC