Cloud Finance Officer – JID 10986 Job at Spinwell Global – in Home Based
- Job Role: Cloud Finance Officer – REF 38754
- Contracting Authority: Central Government
- Contract Length: 6 Months
- Location: Remote
- IR35: Inside
- Pay Rate to Intermediary: £540 per day
- Security Clearance: BPSS (TBC)
The Finance Manager is responsible for all of the financial operations including customer billing and recharging, budget and forecast management, modelling cloud costs with customers Cloud and financial analysis and reporting.
- Responsible for control of the allocated budget
- Responsible for tracking of actual expenditure and variance versus budget and internal reporting thereof.
- Ensuring that the Finance Business Partner (FBP) has information required from Finance team in order to process monthly accruals
- Producing the annual spend forecast, and updating and gaining approval for it on a monthly basis.
- Manage Accounts Payable
- Engaging with customers as they go through the “on-boarding” process, and at other key points in the project delivery lifecycle
- Advising and guiding customers where necessary as to the client’s charging regime and associated financial processes
- Responsible for ensuring set-up of customers on the internal financial systems by the Finance Analyst in order to allow cost attribution and billing. This includes customer databases, billing system and time recording systems.
- Assure quality of the data depended on for cost attribution and billing through oversight of actioning of exception reports
- Setting of customers financial spend control thresholds and alerting
- Assuring (and contributing to as required) the production by projects of cloud cost estimates prior to commencing spend on the cloud platforms. Using and guiding on use of the online cloud provider cost calculators to this end.
- Assuring the availability of project budgets to cover estimated spend
- Provide, agree and baseline quotes and cost estimates for service provision that are to apply during the live operational phase of the services delivered by projects. Ensure this is reflected in the “Whole Life Costs” definition for the service.
- Oversee and assist the Finance Analyst where needed in responding to customer queries concerning the costs arising from their cloud usage and about related processes
- Oversee the calculation of monthly customer recharges
- Produce and issue monthly recharge schedules to consumers using the automated processes
- Run the automated generation of monthly finance journal files for submission to the FBP for transaction of Customer recharges
- Maintain, support and develop the automated recharge processes
- Ensure recharges are transacted in a timely manner in the finance systems
- Oversee the maintenance of resource database, time recording and reporting systems that allows customer recharge and utilisation analysis
- Oversee the actioning of exception reports regarding timely entry of time recording data by the team
- Maintain, support and develop time recording reporting system
- Oversee provision of input by Finance team into resource recruitment/renewal processes
- Manage the procurement and renewal of software licences that are managed
- Lead for the procurement and extensions to supplier contracts and Work Orders
- Model costs and budget impacts of new/updated agreements
- Ensure accurate records are maintained on contracts and licences
- Oversee and input to production of standard monthly financial reports by the Finance Analyst regarding cloud spend and general financial operation
- Oversee production of targeted monthly financial reports regarding the cloud spend of the key programmes hosted on the cloud.
- Identify trends, spend anomalies and savings opportunities arising in client’s cloud usage. Produce and implement related actions plans.
- Analyse resource time capture and utilisation data, and present information for review with management to drive improvement actions and to ensure cost recovery targets are met.
- Identify, review and plan cloud cost optimisation actions including optimisation of usage, utilisation and rates.
- Lead the production of annual funding bid submissions
- Identify, prioritise and deliver areas for developments in the Finance function
- Develop charge models to increase recovery levels for costs
- Develop cost and charging models for new product offerings developed
- Work with colleagues within wider Group Infrastructure Operations department to harmonise operations
- Provide line management and support to the Finance Analyst
- Utilise the work management tooling to manage the cyclical and non-cyclical work carried out by Finance
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting practices
- Knowledge of financial management and reporting toolsets
- Knowledge of cloud provider pricing and billing models, preferably Azure and/or AWS
- Relevant degree or equivalent
- Management Accountancy qualification – desirable
- FinOps certified – desirable
- Proficient in using MS office tools
- Highly proficient in use of MS Excel.
- Proficient in Excel macros MS and Office VBA
- Proficient with Power BI Desktop model creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Enterprise ERP products (E.g. Oracle/SAP)
- Confident communicator across all levels
- Strong organisational skills and attention and attention to detail
- 5 years’ experience in a Financial Analyst role in a large organisation.
- Public Sector experience would be an advantage.
- Cloud financial management experience would be an advantage
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: £540.00 per day
About the Company
Company: Spinwell Global –
Company Location: Home Based