Commercial Finance Lead – Inside IR35 Job at Public Sector Resourcing – in Commercial Finance Lead – Inside IR35
Commercial Finance Lead – Inside IR35
Contract Term: 6 Months
Contracting Authority: Building Digital UK – part of DCMS
Location: Remote – travel to Manchester or London office could be required if COVID guidance changes
Imagine having a talent that could benefit someone you’ve never met and solve problems you didn’t even know existed. Well, you do, and you can. And we’re here to help you do just that. At PSR we are the go-to place for talented contractors and temps for a rich variety of public sector roles.
We are currently working with Building Digital UK (BDUK) recruit a Commercial Finance Lead Support wider BDUK stakeholders, suppliers and delivery partners understand the effectiveness of value for money processes both on individual contracts and across products and programmes.
As a Commercial Finance Lead your main responsibilities would be:
- Conduct analysis of supplier pricing / performance and project / programme performance to ensure that public funding is providing value for money
- Coordinate activities to carry out value for money assurance at each stage of a projects’ lifecycle, including during the OJEU/PCR procurement process, upon contract change and contract reconciliation/closure
- Lead negotiations with national suppliers
- Analyse existing contract financial mechanisms and models to identify areas for improvement and support the development of new ones
- Collect, manage and analyse programme VFM data, define/refine reporting and carrying out bespoke and ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Share value for money knowledge and insight to support programme decision making within BDUK and policy development within DCMS
- Support development of BDUK’s commercial strategy through robust, evidence-based analysis
- Accountancy, modelling and analysis of financial and performance data experience
- Investment appraisal experience
- Financial modelling experience – able to work with large quantities of data
- Data cleansing and handling, forecasting and projection skills
- Ability to explain analytical techniques and outcomes to a variety of stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Awareness and understanding of Government Commercial standards and best practice in ensuring value for money through contracts
If this Commercial Finance Lead role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with one of our PSR team now.
“In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different.”
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.
Reference ID: PSR1JP00054114
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Public Sector Resourcing –
Company Location: Commercial Finance Lead – Inside IR35