Commercial Finance Manager Job at Airwallex – in Sydney NSW
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech business transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We’ve grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $700 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes’ Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
This role will be a key member of the AWX Commercial Finance team. The core job of this team is to optimise investment allocation across AWX with the core goals of (i) optimising short-term and long-term return on investment, while also (ii) managing company investment and profitability to a set of agreed medium term goals. This role will partner closely with product and country leaders to develop a long-range (5 year) company projection model, built-up by product and region, that will help evaluate AWX’s ability to hit agreed medium-term financial goals/benchmarks, and will also be used to set annual budgets.
- Understand and support business investment decisions through detailed financial analysis
- Provide reporting, hands-on analytical support and develop actionable insights for company leaders
- Key contributor to budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning processes
- Own ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required, and drive process improvements by partnering with cross functional owners
- Nurture strong working relationships with cross-functional partners across Airwallex
What you bring:
- 6+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field
- Experience in an investment bank and/or high-growth tech company is a plus
- Experience building detailed financial models in Excel
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with senior leadership
- Experience working independently and navigating ambiguity
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know._
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: Airwallex –
Company Location: Sydney NSW