Compliance Analyst Job at HyperJar – in Compliance Analyst
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fast learning compliance analyst to help us
set up and run our compliance function. You need to have experience running a
team within a financial services company, with a preference for payment card-
HyperJar is a well-funded ambitious young fintech start-up, on a mission to
rewrite the rules of how people grow, control and enjoy their money in a digital
We are a two-sided marketplace for consumers and merchants. We look a lot like
a neobank from the consumer’s perspective as we have our own app and
MasterCard. Merchants have a powerful and dynamic way to make offers to
If you want to find a start-up doing things the right way with massive growth
potential and a dynamic environment, please get in touch. We need people who
love learning, experimenting and applying their ideas and seeing them in action.
If you’re after a start-up with a fantastic culture, lots of freedom and wanting to
use exciting new technologies then you’re looking at the right job spec! You will
work as part of an Agile team, designing, extracting, merging and generally
playing with data, seeking out value along with the product and marketing
Our Business Culture
HyperJar acts as one while promoting independent thinking. We respect each
other’s expertise and opinions.
We’re ambitious for our business, and for the users we serve – we want to make
a positive impact on every one of their lives.
Our organisational structure is flat and open. We value listening over speaking.
We encourage the personal and professional growth of every person in the
business. Our people are self-directing, and our teams are self-organising.
We are curious and willing to try new things.
What you will be doing:
· Support the Compliance Manager to create and update internal compliance
procedures to address any regulatory requirements and risk concerns
· Assist with the implementation and enhancement of our systems and processes
· Work alongside the customer services team to solve compliance escalations and ensure the application of internal and regulatory procedures
· Investigate alerts generated by the transaction monitoring system and any fraudulent activity
· Review and investigate PEP/Sanctions potential hits
· Escalate cases to the MLRO when required
· Process cases autonomously, discreetly and accurately
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a compliance function, preferably within the payment industry
- Proven ability to review and investigate transaction monitor alerts
- Strong understanding of AML; CTF and financial crime
- Understanding of card-based payment processing
- Ability to create frameworks and procedural flows
- Excellent verbal communication and solid problem-solving skills.
- Highly competitive salary
- Very socially collaborative culture with regular social events
This is a part-time/contract position with the possibility to convert to a full time position
Wednesday to Saturday
or Sunday to Wednesday
Remote working available but Training Sessions to be held in our office in London
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: £15.00-£18.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- How many years of experience do you have in Compliance?
- Have you worked or you are working for a payment company?
- Do you have experience in reviewing transaction monitoring alerts?
About the Company
Company: HyperJar –
Company Location: Compliance Analyst