Compliance Specialist Job at 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union – in Yorktown, VA
Full-timeEstimated: $36,000 – $49,000 a year1 hour ago
- Analysis skills
- Communication skills
- Microsoft Office
- Bank Secrecy Act
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
1*st* Advantage Federal Credit Union is now accepting applications for a full time Compliance Specialist to assist in assuring Credit Union activities comply with applicable Bank Secrecy Act, federal and state laws and regulations, and NCUA rules and regulations. Will compile, analyze, and perform related assessments as required and is to ensure management is informed of department updates and any significant issues.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and analyzes financial transactions utilizing anti-money laundering software (AML) ensuring proper filing of Currency Transaction Reports and Suspicious Activity Reports. Conduct investigations alongside Law Enforcement Officials when deemed necessary. Monitor Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC compliance processes. Must maintain current working knowledge of AML software.
- Process requests for information through various sources to include SSA-SSI Medicaid, subpoena submission, Verification of Deposit requests, OFAC, GAP claims and handle incoming calls from members and colleagues with requests for assistance.
- Accurate and efficient imagining and scanning of Credit Union documents into the imaging system along with return mail processing. Completion of delegated duties and other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a strong professional compliance program and ensure banking regulations and statutory requirements are adhered to. Maintain departmental procedures for business continuity purposes.
- Maintains professional business relations with internal/external support and technical service contacts and maintains effective communications and coordination with organizational colleagues and management.
- Maintains a high-level understanding of compliance related policies with federal and state regulations.
- Assists Compliance leadership with procedural updates as laws change.
- Ensure accurate and proper completion and filing of Currency Transaction and Suspicious Activity reports.
- Assists in document production in relation to regulatory audits and examinations.
- Maintain proactive approach for detection and prevention of suspicious activity, especially through use of automated tools.
- Assist with monitoring activities of regulatory requirements pursuant to Bank Secrecy Act and various industry regulations.
- Timely turnaround of requested documentation to colleagues and outside legal sources.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience – Two to four years compliance experience. Verafin preferred.
Education – High school diploma or equivalent. Computer related coursework preferred.
Interpersonal Skills – Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work requires you to be attentive to detail and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Other Skills – Quality organizational skills, math, and analytical ability. Excellent communication and PC skills to include a strong working knowledge of MS Office software. Willing to learn and apply knowledge when working with new programs and software. A working knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti Money Laundering and OFAC.
Physical: Approximately 75% or more of time (constantly) is spent working at a desk. Balance of time (25% or occasionally) is spent moving around work areas.
Work Environment: Ordinary office environment
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: 1st Advantage Federal Credit Union –
Company Location: Yorktown, VA