Coordinator of Finance Job at Dawson College in Westmount, QC
The Coordinator, Financial Services is responsible for the preparation of the annual financial statements (RFA) as well as all quarterly reports submitted to the Ministry. The Coordinator is responsible for the conception, establishment and maintenance of financial procedures and schedules of activities in the areas of invoicing and student fees, accounts receivable, accounts payables and accruals, research grant reporting, treasury operations. To these ends, the Coordinator is responsible for the realization of the objectives, policies and actions required to attain the expected results, notably through the management of staff and resources in Finance.
Under the authority of the Finance Director, the Coordinator, Financial Services is responsible for:
- Coordinating the process and leading the Finance team in the quarterly and annual close of the College’s reporting periods;
- Overseeing the preparation and reviewing all financial reports including the annual financial statement (RFA), quarterly financial statements and any required ad-hoc financial reports;
- Collaborating with Information Systems and Technology in the development of improvements to information systems and coordinating the department’s involvement in implementing changes;
- Maintaining appropriate accounting records and documentation to support the financial transactions of the College and ensuring internal controls are in place;
- Acting as the primary contact with the College’s financial institution, with the Ministry financial representatives and with the College’s external auditors;
- Ensuring compliance by the College with all laws, regulations and directives relating to financial management;
- Interpreting and applying regulations of the Ministry on financial management;
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with financial institutions for the financing of all College operations;
- Reviewing the daily cash flow situation and arranging for the necessary funds to be available as required;
- Authorizing the disbursement of funds in accordance with College bylaws;
- Supervising the employees of the College’s finance department including and coordinating all activities related to student fee collection, accounts receivable and payable, maintenance of College signing authorities, banking and account reconciliation activities;
- Participating in College and external committees and meetings as required by the Finance Director or the Director General;
- Performing other duties as required by the Finance Director.
Length of the contract :Requirements :
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates will possess an undergraduate degree in commerce or administration with an appropriate specialization, such as accounting or finance, and a minimum of six (6) years relevant experience in budgeting, cash flow financing, financial reporting and payables.
Qualified candidates will:
- have six (6) years of relevant experience of which at least three (3) should be at management level;
- hold a professional accounting designation;
- possess up-to-date knowledge of information technology related to financial systems and, more specifically, will have a mastery of Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word;
- possess experience in supervising and managing work teams;
- possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and French;
- have a demonstrated ability respect multiple deadlines for both internal and external purposes;
- have a demonstrated understanding of financial issues in public sector institutions.
Required Tests :Comments :
Please note that a cover letter is mandatory.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach an updated resume.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an email acknowledgment asking you to update your file and submit your resume for your application to be considered.
Candidates will receive an email confirmation when submitting their application online. We thank all applicants for their interest in Dawson College, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority is given to internal candidates within their employment category.
About the Company
Company: Dawson College
Company Location: Westmount, QC