Corporate Controller Job at Crawford Metal Corp. – in Toronto, ON
Working at our head office, we’re offering an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking individual with a strong desire to develop and advance in a long-term, rewarding career.
Our company began in 1944 and is a leading Steel Service Center in North America. A multi-national and growing business with over 600 employees and 18 locations.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will work directly with management on new and innovative ways to improve and support the financial and accounting services of the business .
- Oversee the maintenance of the Chart of accounts
- Assist in monthly/quarterly financial statements
- Complete monthly reconciliations on assigned GL accounts
- Assist with all month end processes including journal entries, data analysis & variance analysis
- Accountable for all aspects of Store Real Estate including monthly rent/lease adjustments, accruals, calculating store rent payable, issuing payment and reconciliations/reporting. Also encompasses responding the landlord inquiries, issuing certified sales letters and maintaining the SPACE store rent system.
- Ensure accuracy with store inventory by addressing daily TLOG errors, shipment acknowledgements and store inventory counts.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual budgets and financial forecasts
- Assist with bank and year-end audits
- Prepares monthly and year-to-date financial reports to be distributed to management
- Participation in the preparation and enhancement of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting packages for internal and external purposes
- Assist with cash flow requirements, including bi-weekly bank reporting
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues
- Maintains financial controls by following policies and procedures, complying with government regulations
- Act as back up support to other Accounting functions such as cash management.
- Support budget process
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
-A strong problem solver
-A self-starter who is accountable, and highly motivated with a strong track record in execution and achieving results
-Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple tasks
-Punctual and hard working
-CPA/CGA designation preferred
-Steel experience is not necessary, but an asset
Please include salary expectations along with your resume. Only applications that do so will be considered.
Offering a highly competitive salary with a full and comprehensive benefits package.
Must live within GTA to apply.
Fluent in English.
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $74,101.00-$155,783.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
All employees are required to wear a mask while at their desk. Office is cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Crawford Metal Corp. –
Company Location: Toronto, ON