Credit Portfolio Officer – VP Job at Citigroup in New York City, NY
The Credit Portfolio Officer, a member of the Citi Private Bank (CPB) Risk Management team, is responsible for credit review, credit approval and pro-active portfolio management of the margin lending portfolio (Margin and Securities Backed Finance/MSBF).
- Coordinate with business partners to review and structure margin lending transactions.
- Perform risk assessment of securities for assigning appropriate loanable values and credit approval
- Exercise Credit Officer signing authority to approve credit facilities.
- Partner with Investment Finance and In-Business Risk to monitor margin lending portfolios in CBNA and CGMI / Pershing
- Support on-going monitoring of the portfolio to ensure compliance with corresponding product program and standards
- Collaborate with the Risk Reporting team to validate the accuracy of the various portfolio management reports
- Support the integration effort related to MSBF between CPB, Consumer Bank and ICG. Help identify opportunities to create consistency, synergy and leverage best practices
- Prepare risk management analysis and presentations to senior management, regulators, and internal and external auditors
- Assist with regional efforts for Risk to address new regulatory requirements
- Coordinate and assist with Internal Audit and FCR deliverables
- Establish and leverage cross-functional partnerships and network with key internal and external constituencies
- 6-10 years of experience in credit/market risk management, or equivalent training and experience
- Knowledge of margin lending and capital markets products
- Conversant with the risks in various security asset classes and derivatives
- Knowledge in market risk and the associated statistical models
- Knowledge of the interconnection between credit and market risk
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in portfolio review and industry/company analysis
- Able to identify and document procedures and process flows, understand the end-to-end product risk management framework
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced look and conditional formulas). Skilled user of Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Bloomberg and Adobe Standard.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Effectively communicate with multiple management levels, verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Job Family Group: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .
View the ” ” poster. View the .
View the .
About the Company
Company Location: New York City, NY