Director, Clinical Research Vendor Management (Clinical) Job at ProPharma Group in Western Springs, IL
ProPharma Group is an industry leading, single source provider for regulatory compliance, pharmacovigilance, and medical information services across the full development lifecycle for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device companies. Operating around the world with offices in Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, the Netherlands, Sweden, United Kingdom, and the United States, ProPharma Group’s fully integrated service offerings will provide clients with a comprehensive suite of global support services that are required to be competitive in today’s dynamic markets. We build successful long-term relationships with clients by providing leading industry knowledge, experience, and proven processes.
The Director of Clinical Research Vendor Management builds and manages the full lifecycle of vendor assessment, from selection, contracting, and billing.
Essential Functions Include:
- Build and execute the organization’s long and short-term Vendor Management Strategy (sourcing, partnering with business units, innovation in management and strategic vendor utilization).
- Drive relentless improvement of the vendor management program with a focus on cost reduction, quality improvement, supplier optimization and minimal disruption.
- Partner with operational stakeholders to coordinate the vendor management process and educate on best practices, including but not limited to timeline planning, vendor selection, contract negotiation, onboarding, training, monitoring, offboarding and assessment.
- Track, improve and enhance vendor performance using KPIs, service level agreements, metrics, escalation, efficiency contracting, etc.
- Establish policies and procedures setting forth the operational requirements for vendor arrangements such as preferred and minimum contract terms, use of templates and use of RFPs and competitive bids.
- Work collaboratively with legal, finance, and other cross functional stakeholders in the vendor review, negotiation and approval process.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) level of qualification in life sciences, Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years of clinical research experience with increasing vendor oversight responsibilities; 10+ years for Senior Director.
- Clinical research organization (CRO) and relevant therapeutic experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Good Clinical Practice/ICH guidelines and other applicable regulatory requirements10+ years of leadership experience in clinical research with 3+ years of vendor oversight; 5+ years for Senior Director.
- Experience leading and driving cross-functional initiatives that impact company strategy through goals and KPIs.
- Experience driving projects to completion, updating stakeholders and building roadmaps.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong ability to manage time and work independently.
- Direct therapeutic area expertise.
- Ability to embrace new technologies.
- All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- ***ProPharma Group does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters/third parties. Please, no phone calls or emails to anyone regarding this posting.***
About the Company
Company: ProPharma Group
Company Location: Western Springs, IL