Director Financial Services Programs 3 (Director of Statewide Office of Financial Inclusion and Empowerment) Job at Financial Services, Department of – in New York, NY
- At least ten years of relevant experience in leadership overseeing policy and program development initiatives;
- At least three years of managerial supervision; and
- Relevant experience in or interfacing with financial services industry.
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Duties DescriptionThe Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking applicants to fill this critical position to lead the newly formed Statewide Office of Financial Inclusion and Empowerment. In this role, the Director will develop and implement policy and programs to effectuate economic opportunity. This will be the state’s first office focused on financial inclusion, financial health, community wealth-building, and economic inclusion. The Office will work with historically underserved populations and help connect consumers with local services. It will coordinate existing work and initiatives across the state with community partners to develop and incubate novel ideas and approaches to economic empowerment, and be a source of New York-related data analysis and research.
Duties for the Director position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead collaborative strategy to identify core mission and goals, short and long-term;
- Draft an implementation timeline for the Office;
- Identify key initial staffing and resources need for the Office, and oversee hiring or RFP processes as necessary;
- Develop partnerships with local, state, and federal agencies with a mission on financial inclusion, financial health, community wealth-building and economic inclusion;
- Engage with community organizations—including financial counselors, housing counselors, legal services, small businesses, faith groups, and other advocacy organizations—to identify and develop community wealth-building initiatives for households and small businesses;
- Work with DFS business units to collect and analyze data and issue reports related to household finances, small business, and community development;
- Identify best practices in service provision and promote economic inclusion and empowerment;
- Maintain a directory of services available to New Yorkers across the state, such as legal services, financial counseling, and homeownership counsel as partners for the Office;
- Coordinate New York State programs related community wealth building and financial empowerment;
- Remain abreast of mainstream and emerging strategies and policies related to community wealth building and anti-discriminatory financial services; and
- Advise Superintendent on special initiatives.
Additional CommentsPositions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
About the Company
Company: Financial Services, Department of –
Company Location: New York, NY