Director, Regional Finance Job at Avanade – 3.7 in Dallas, TX
As a Director, Finance Operations, you are the strategic leader of people, programs, and projects that ensures the alignment of operational objectives with overall business and functional strategy for teams focused on the consolidation and reporting of financial results within a defined geographic segment. You will provide strategical leadership to your team members. Overall, you will define and drive portfolios of integrated/related processes, programs, and projects.
Scope of work:
Nature of work:
Directs collective work efforts to accomplish strategic goals for given portfolio of projects, programs, and/or clients
Translates high¬ level strategy into more localized strategy and operational objectives.
Highly complex problems, often requiring analysis of near-intangible factors, creative solutioning and significant networking to succeed.
Authority to establish standards and shift overall direction of projects and programs in response to functional strategy
Work efforts are typically strategic in nature, and may have a lasting, long-term impact on Avanade and/or client operations and strategic direction. If client-facing, should drive client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Operates with extreme latitude in determining focus and approach to work objectives.
Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Applies expert knowledge of a learned occupation/ discipline and demonstrable, broad knowledge of business operations and organizational strategy.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Define, implement and manage monthly business review process and forecast reporting, including data aggregation and integration across all engagements for country/region/area financial reports and projections
- Drive integration, consistency, and operational excellence across the finance function, including partnership and alignment with other finance teams and overall business strategy
- Set and manage budgets and activity/billing rates in alignment with local business plan and organizational goals
- Lead management accounting function to create forecasts and ensure informed decision-making across the business
- Own responsibility for financial performance management and monitoring
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- You will likely have 8+ years of prior work experience
- Experience with revenue recognition in technology and consulting environment
- Experience with Cogno TM1, SQL,, and other similar tools
- Ability to and experience with handling and analyzing budgets
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, such as Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Ability to mentor, lead, and coach team in the resolution of large/complex issues
- Ability to meet deadlines-A strong work ethic
- Ability to strive in a fast-pace environment
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Superior decision making judgment
- You are likely to possess a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance, business, or relevant field
About the Company
Company: Avanade – 3.7
Company Location: Dallas, TX