Education Coordinator (Part-Time) Job at C2Educate in Cerritos, CA
C2 EDUCATION – THE COMPANY
Our Mission: “At C2, we believe in our students and in their potential for greatness. We take students towards their dreams. C2 helps our students and their families benefit from a better education, now and always.”
C2 Education is the nation’s leading company focused on helping students achieve their college dreams. We have helped over 50,000 middle and high school students through personal tutoring for SAT/ACT test preparation, schoolwork grade improvement, and college admissions counseling. These services are delivered through our network of over 150 centers in 14 states; and our 1,200+ dedicated employees all focused on helping students succeed. C2 Education has some of the most skilled teachers in the country. Our teachers score at or above the 95th percentile in the subjects they teach and complete extensive training. C2’s curriculum for the SAT, ACT, AP tests, math, reading, and writing is unique and comprehensive. Our proprietary SAT curriculum alone contains over 10,000 study questions. We believe that every student has great potential for academic and personal growth. We are more than a test prep center. Our teachers, personalized curricula, and college counseling resources set us apart, with most of our students succeeding in getting into the top colleges in the country.
Over the past year, C2 Education transitioned to 100% virtual class delivery. In recent months we have begun pivoting to hybrid delivery, with both virtual and in-center delivery. This combination is a key differentiator, with our customers’ desire to combine both learning approaches for their children.
The Education Coordinator is integral to the success of C2 Education by providing support in center management, tracking student progress, and providing quality customer service. The Education Coordinator is often the first point of contact between C2 Education and prospective customers, and must uphold high standards of excellence in customer service and support of C2’s programs and services.
Actively support C2 Education hybrid (virtual and in-center) Geographic Trade Area (GTA) Operations. The Education Coordinator is integral to the success of C2 Education by providing support in center management, tracking student progress, and providing quality customer service. The Education Coordinator is often the first point of contact between C2 Education and prospective customers, and must uphold high standards of excellence in customer service and support of C2’s programs and services.
The Education Coordinator will:
- Provide outstanding academic services to students and their families
- Operate seamlessly in a hybrid virtual and in-center operating environment
- Maintain C2 Education operating standards including people, financial, and academic standards
- Support all locations in assigned GTA
- Ensure delivery of C2 programs and initiatives for our families in alignment with our Mission.
- Call families that have expressed interest in C2 services and arrange for a diagnostic test/conference.
- Meet operational excellence standards. Operational standards include our standards relating to process, controls, and compliance on finance, HR, and academics.
- Provide administrative support to GTA including answering phones, managing daily business data, and creating/ managing schedules with students and teachers.
- Manage class schedules to effectively staff sessions and meet company efficiency and usage targets.
- Provide marketing support as assigned, for example, by participating in school and community events as a C2 representative
- Manage virtual lobbies
- Grade student tests and monitor all students’ academic progress.
- Help ensure flawless execution of C2 programs and initiatives.
- Manage your own time in compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Review student testing and monitoring of all students’ academic progress.
- Conduct conferences with parents and students to review progress, adjust academic plans, and renew enrollments.
- Other responsibilities – as required by the business
Key Competencies/Success Factors:
Highly motivated by the opportunity to help students and their families achieve their academic goals in order to enhance their opportunities for the future and change their lives. Love learning and helping others learn. Relish building relationships with students and their families.
Demonstrates initiative and resourcefulness in expanding on existing customer base to increase enrollments.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
Exhibits professional and approachable demeanor; understands they are often the “Face of C2 Education”.
Fosters an environment of open communication with students and parents to ensure positive and effective conflict resolution
Passion for Results
Consistently achieves key performance indicators on a month-to-month basis
Ability to prioritize and focus on key objectives, which may change from month to month
Ability to organize and manage multiple responsibilities successfully
Demonstrates persistence and follow up.
Effective communications both in virtual and in-center environments
Proficient in using all communication media including in person, phone, and video
Ability to build engagement and trust in virtual relationships, whether with customers or with team members
Works well with others
Inspires energy in others, especially center team
Influences others even if no formal authority
Relationships are based on respect, partnership, and support rather than position and hierarchy
Personal Drive and Development
Possesses intrinsic motivation
Hybrid Work Environment
Learning agility – able to adapt to changes in work environment by changing behaviors as required. Able to acquire new skills as required
Time management, planning, and prioritization
Ability to engage, manage and grow virtual relationships with customers, employees, and business partners (e.g. local schools)
Ability to manage remote teachers
Ability to work independently
High tolerance for ambiguity
- 1-3 years of work experience
- Background in sales / education / hospitality / retail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bachelor’s Degree
About the Company
Company Location: Cerritos, CA