Finance Administrator Job at University of Sheffield – in Rotherham
Job Title: Finance Administrator
Contract Type: Fixed-term until 28.01.2023 to cover maternity leave
Faculty: Advanced Manufacturing Group
Department: AMRC – Training Centre
Location: Wallis Way, Catcliffe, Rotherham, S60 5TZ
Salary: Grade 4
£20,092 to £22,254 per annum
Closing Date: 3rd November 2021
Are you interested in working for a world top 100 University with apprenticeship provision rated Good by Ofsted?
Are you motivated to provide excellent financial support in an exciting and vibrant environment?
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the AMRC Training Centre for an enthusiastic Finance Administrator with the motivation
to provide high quality financial support and the skills to support the Centre’s financial processes, including raising sales
invoices, raising purchase requisitions, procurement and involvement in the financial process for Apprentice related funding.
We are seeking a candidate with good communication and organisational skills and experience of working in a busy office
As Finance Administrator you will primarily be involved in the financial administration of the AMRC Training Centre as well as
providing support to other departments within the Training Centre to a very high standard.
- Have previous experience working within a finance department, ideally working within an educational environment
- Have excellent IT Skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel
- Have good organisation and time management skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines with a high degree of
- Have good organisational skills, a willingness to work with and assist team members when needed, and an eye for detail
- Have excellent customer service skills, being able to respond quickly and effectively to queries and requests
- Have the ability to develop creative approaches to problem solving
- Have the ability to plan and prioritise work to meet deadlines
You will be based in the AMRC Training Centre working with the Finance Manager to provide outstanding financial support to
This post is a fixed term post for 13 months to cover maternity leave.
We are committed to exploring flexible working opportunities which benefit the individual and University.
About the University
We’re one of the best not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK. The University’s Total Reward Package includes a
competitive salary, a generous Pension Scheme and annual leave entitlement, as well as access to a range of learning and
development courses to support your personal and professional development.
We build teams of people from different heritages and lifestyles from across the world, whose talent and contributions
complement each other to greatest effect. We believe diversity in all its forms delivers greater impact through research,
teaching and student experience.
About the Company
Company: University of Sheffield –
Company Location: Rotherham