Finance and Payroll Clerk Job at Leq’a:mel First Nation – in Deroche, BC
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Technical Training
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Accounting and Related Clerks (1431)
NOC Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Expires in 15 days
Last Updated: 2021-04-08
43101 Leqamel Way
Deroche, British Columbia
V0M 1G0, Canada
Leq’á:mel Finance and Payroll Clerk
Permanent – Full time
The Finance & Payroll Clerk contributes to the success of the Administration by managing Leq’á:mel’s finances on a day-to-day basis, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, and assisting the external bookkeeper on an ongoing basis. This position is responsible for processing Accounts Receivables (AR), Accounts Payables (AP), preparing bank deposits, and processing payroll on a weekly basis. The Finance & Payroll Clerk also ensures payments are made to the Pension and Benefits providers.
As part of the team, you will:
- Enter data and post all transactions to the general ledger, accurately coding information and entering it into the system in a timely manner. Assist bookkeeper with monthly queries, providing information on an as needed basis, and preparing for year-end activities.
- Maintain accurate financial records including all invoices and audit files.
- Assist with the preparation of Administration’s budget.
- Assist with the preparation of Financial Reports for the General Manager upon request
- Assist departments to fulfill financial reporting for various funding programs
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; experience working with Sage accounting software
- Knowledge of applicable legislations and regulations related to accounting, payroll, and taxes
- Excellent accounting and mathematical skills and understanding of accounting and finance processes
- Knowledge of the Leq’á:mel First Nation and the Community
If you believe you meet the requirements of the job, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Interim General Manager Tammy Bartz
Email: [email protected] or
in-person at 43101 Leq’a:mel Way, Deroche, BC between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Deadline for applicants is April 23rd, 2021
As an organization that serves an Aboriginal Community, it is our preference to hire candidates that are of Leq’á:mel First Nation ancestry or other Aboriginal ancestry; however when looking for the best candidate for the job, our final decision and selection will be based on ensuring the successful candidate possesses the skills, knowledge, and experience to do the job, and who is an overall fit for the Administration. If you are of Aboriginal ancestry, you are encouraged to self-declare.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those who are shortlisted will be contacted.
Finance and Payroll Clerk.docx
How to Apply
Expiring: Apr 23, 2021
Email: [email protected]
About the Company
Company: Leq’a:mel First Nation –
Company Location: Deroche, BC