Finance Assistant Job at Citizens Advice Gateshead in Gateshead
Join a finance team that makes every pound count
Citizens Advice Gateshead is an independent local charity with an annual turnover approaching £4m, a workforce of 170 people and a growing volunteer community.
At a time when the charity’s services have never been in greater demand, we need the support of a highly effective finance function to help us to make every pound count, as we pursue our aim to be an enduring and dynamic charity that never stands still until we have a fair society for all, with lives well lived.
The Finance Assistant role is key to the accuracy and reliability of the financial records of the charity and its trading subsidiary. Responsibilities will include:
- – Supporting the Finance Manager with reporting, to ensure that the Executive Team and Trustee Board have sufficient and appropriate information to manage the strategic operations of the charity;
- – Day to day sales and purchase ledger management (using Xero book-keeping software) and budget/financial reporting including assisting with audit preparation;
- – Preparing reports to inform the management and claims for grant-funded projects and other income streams;
- – Overseeing our procurement process including purchasing of supplies and processing supplier costs;
- – Assisting with the management of sickness and absence data to support payroll preparation.
If you consider yourself to be an experienced finance professional who has an uncompromising attention to detail and a focus on continuous improvement, we would love to hear from you.
Please get in touch for an application pack to find out more about the charity, the role and how to apply.
£22,000 to £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
37 hours per week (Flexible working hours and TOIL apply to this role)
22 days plus bank holidays (increasing based on service to 30 days plus bank holidays for staff with 10 years service or more)
10 am Thursday 18th March 2021
Please email for an application pack
Application deadline: 18/03/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
We have made our building Covid safe by restricting numbers of staff who attend, provide hand sanitiser and temperature checks
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Citizens Advice Gateshead
Company Location: Gateshead