Finance Assistant Job at EQU0206 in Wyboston
EQUUS (www.equus.co.uk) was founded in 2013 in response to a clear gap in the extremely fragmented £4.3bn UK equestrian market. The business has grown from start-up to become the UK’s fastest growing online only equestrian retailer built on the principle of “by riders, for riders”.
We’re now recruiting a Finance Assistant to help take the company through the next phase of growth. Working closely alongside the CEO & COO, you will help to run and shape the finance function for the business, running the day to day financial operations and implementing new processes to increase efficiency and control costs.
Job Description Summary
To maintain accurate and complete accounting records for the company. To produce budgets, forecasts and insightful data analysis regarding the performance of the company. Would suit someone requiring first position out of practice.
Initially, because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the role will be home-based. Once office-based working resumes, you will be expected to work from our offices in Wyboston Lakes.
- Ensure all entries are accurately posted into the accounting system (Sage 50) on a timely basis
- Accurately produce and file the VAT returns in accordance with the deadlines
- Ensure the bank accounts are reconciled monthly
- Ensure debtors and creditors are reconciled and any overdue debtor amounts are collected
- Ensure invoices are paid on time in accordance with the Directors’ instructions.
- Maintain the company’s statutory records
- Calculate and post accruals and prepayments
- Produce the annual statutory accounts and liaise with the accountants at year end
- Produce and review the corporation tax returns working with the company accountants
- Produce and maintain cashflow forecasts raising any concerns to the Directors
- Set up and produce annual budgets and forecasts as and when needed
- Set up a framework and produce the monthly management accounts with commentary on the performance of the business
- Set up reporting on website statistics in conjunction with the Directors to enable the direction of marketing spend to maximum benefit
- Work with the Directors to prepare Board presentation packs
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
Capability, knowledge & experience
- Would suit someone requiring first position out of practice
- Good all-round IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and Word
- Good Excel skills including look ups and pivot tables
- Experienced in Sage 50
- Experienced in PowerPoint and presentations an advantage
- Retail experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of e-commerce would be an advantage.
Education & Qualifications
- Either ACA, ACCA, AAT, or equivalent experience.
- The ability to work quickly and accurately with excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
- Proactive with a high level of common sense and initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Self-motivated and organised
- The ability to deliver high quality work to a tight deadline on a “can-do” basis
- Confidential in dealing with sensitive issues
- Strong customer service ethos
- Team worker but also happy to work unsupervised.
Reference ID: EQU0206
Expected start date: 07/04/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£25,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
About the Company
Company Location: Wyboston