Finance Assistant Job at Markerstudy – in Sevenoaks
To support the Reporting Manager by providing effective financial management information for internal and external distribution and completing key month end reporting, in a timely and accurate manner
- Cashbook reconciliations
- Maintaining accurate records of P/L activity
- Maintaining balances on Natwest for over 100 bank accounts
- Weekly Payment runs
- Reconciling Statements for supplier accounts
- Daily card, cheque and Direct Debit reconciliations
- Sage journal posting
- Audit requirements
- Ensure that all work is accurate, deadlines are met and that the workload is managed effectively with minimal supervision.
- Keen eye for detail
- Be involved in project based work
- Consider and make suggestions to improve and develop existing reports and processes to improve the overall department efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain timely and appropriate communication both internally and externally, ensuring all verbal and written communications to customers are made to departmental and company standards.
- Participate in system testing for upgrades as and when required.
- Investigate and resolve queries from both internal and external parties when required.
- Be a team player and assist other members of the department when necessary to ensure overall department objectives are met.
- Understand the Company’s Values (V10), Treating Customers Fairly, and Customer Charter initiatives and embed these into daily working activities.
- Adhere to all legal, regulatory, information security and compliance requirements and undertake necessary training to ensure a good understanding.
- Display a positive attitude to work, be adaptable to meet the needs of the role and be able to take on new and varied work when required.
- Display an appropriate level of work professionalism at all times.
- To undertake other reasonable responsibilities and projects as instructed by their line manager.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
Good Excel skills
Strong team player
Good Communication skills
Ability to remain motivated in a challenging environment
Experience with large amounts of data
About the Company
Company: Markerstudy –
Company Location: Sevenoaks