Finance Assistant Job at Paul Austen Associates Ltd in Stone
Finance Assistant Job Purpose:
Assisting the financial controller in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
Finance Assistant Job Duties:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the financial controller
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients in bank, sales, purchase, vat and other control accounts and report to the financial controller.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Assist the financial controller in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures laid down by the company or the financial controller.
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Finance Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or a related field; excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty; customer-service skills; solid communication skills, both written and verbal; familiarity with business principles and practices; superior attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; problem-solving skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
Expected start date: 15/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: Up to £26,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- relevant: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quickbooks online: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Paul Austen Associates Ltd
Company Location: Stone