Finance Associate Job at Evolve ETFs – in Toronto, ON
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Toronto (working remotely until further notice)
About Evolve ETFs
With $2 billion in assets under management, Evolve is one of Canada’s fastest growing ETF providers since launching its first suite
of ETFs via the Toronto Stock Exchange in September 2017. Evolve is a leader in thematic investing and specializes in bringing
disruptive innovation ETFs to Canadian investors. Evolve’s suite of ETFs provide investors with access to: (i) long term investment
themes; (ii) index-based income strategies; and (iii) some of the world’s leading investment managers. Established by a team of
industry veterans with a proven track record of success, Evolve creates investment products that make a difference.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, you will be directly involved in supporting daily finance and fund operations
as well as semi-annual fund financial statements preparation and audit, year-end fund tax reporting and various legal and
regulatory filing processes. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with and accounting or finance background, strong
organizational and data management skills who is looking to enhance their capital markets experience by working in an energetic,
entrepreneurial environment. You will be part of a small, highly skilled and focussed team, and be hands on with all aspects of
investment fund management.
- Assist with financial and regulatory reporting.
- Assist with preparation and review of financial statements and regulatory documents.
- Prepare tax distribution reporting on a yearly basis.
- Participate in the fiscal year end audit process and provide information to auditors as required.
- Work with outside auditors, accounting and finance personnel.
- Reconciliation of portfolio data between internal systems and external fund administrator.
- Review and process transactions related to dividends, interest, corporate actions and trades instructed by
- Complete ad-hoc requests.
- Respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary.
- Support new product development and launches.
- Support compliance, finance, trading and portfolio management.
Education / Accreditation
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or related field
Experience and Specific Skills
- 2 – 5 years of relevant financial services experience. Prior mutual fund/ETF experience is an asset but not required.
- Familiarity with Fund Administration/Compliance/ Fund Accounting including:
o Financial statements preparation process.
o Regulatory documents preparation process.
o Settlement process.
o NAV calculation process.
o Collateral management.
- Understanding of financial instruments: equities, bonds, options, futures, forwards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of GAAP/IFRS is an asset.
- Basic knowledge of Mutual Fund Trust taxation is an asset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to read and write in French is an asset.
- Ability to work independently to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Goal oriented and outcome focused personality.
- Must be flexible and available to work extra hours when required.
This position offers a competitive remuneration package.
All people interested in this position may send their resume to: [email protected]
Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
About the Company
Company: Evolve ETFs –
Company Location: Toronto, ON