Finance Manager Job at Shields Environmental – in South Ockendon
Since 1979, Shields Environmental has partnered with the world’s leading telecommunications companies to provide innovative multi-vendor spares management solutions (incl. Repair), specialist logistics and Field services, reuse, extended life and recycling solutions within a fully integrated environmental and compliance risk management program.
Shields works hard to build a reputation for entrepreneurial spirit, innovation, unparalleled knowledge of the industry, environmental excellence and customer service. The core of this service is our talented employees.
Job Title Financial Controller
Job Focus Management
Reports To Finance Director
Location Purfleet, Essex
Region of Work Finance
Purpose of Job Role
Reporting directly to the EMEA FD, the role is extremely diversified and will provide a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop their skill set by interaction with the management and operational teams. To manage the provision of comprehensive and quality financial and commercial services, support, advice and management to the Shields function. Responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of the monthly payroll and administration of all aspects of a busy payroll operation.
- Preparation of sales orders including delivery notes, commercial and final invoices.
- Assisting in the preparation of the management accounts for four trading entities and a holding company.
- Main account reconciliations, i.e Sales and Purchase ledger, Bank, VAT, PAYE.
- Intercompany account postings
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Posting of accruals and prepayments
- Payroll reconciliations and journal postings
- Completion of ONS surveys and other administrative compliance tasks
- Ad Hoc work as would be required in support of the above
- Ability to plan and meet reporting deadlines
- Competent Finance individual, either qualified professionally or by experience
- Sage 50 Accounting Software preferable
- Have a “can do” attitude and ability to plan work to meet reporting deadlines
- Previous experience in either a management accounts role or practice environment
- Experience working with foreign currencies
- Logical thinker with great problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in excel, to be confident using pivot tables, sumif’s and vlookup’s.
- Ability to use and navigate Excel
- Product knowledge in Telecommunications preferable
What does Shields give you?
- Salary circa £35,000-£45,000
- Company bonus scheme
- Company Phantom Share Scheme
- 26 days holiday and bank holidays
- Monday – Friday 8.30am-5pm
- On-site parking
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Shields is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national or local law.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£45,000.00 per year
- Bonus scheme
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Additional leave
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Sick pay
- Wellness programmes
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Are you a valid Chartered Accountant?
- Financial management: 5 years (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
About the Company
Company: Shields Environmental –
Company Location: South Ockendon