Finance Manager Manchester Job at dandara – in Finance Manager Manchester
Dandara was established in 1988 from the desire to provide innovative homes and commercial properties, which would offer real value for money without compromising on design, durability or quality. Today Dandara is one of the UK’s largest independent property development companies, with over 10,000 happy customers and more than 100 industry awards for design and quality – and it’s all thanks to the vision and passion of our dedicated team.The BTR (Build to Rent) Finance Manager will form a key part of the regional management team, supporting the business in delivering on our ambitious business plan. The role will oversee the regional finance function, assisting in the implementation and development of the BTR IT module within our main ERP system COINS, implementing financial controls and continuing to initiate and proactively drive change throughout the business with determination and focus.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Direct line management and development of the regional finance team including;
- Objective setting,
- Performance Management.
Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to establish a highly skilled, highly motivated team who consistently exceed performance expectations.
- Oversee the regional finance function with accountability for processes & controls.
- Ensure compliance with existing procedures and develop procedures that don’t currently exist.
- Continue to drive further improvements and challenge the status quo when potential enhancements are identified,
- Documentation of effective processes and controls, sharing best practices across the business.
Assist in the delivery of the BTR core IT module.
Deliver accurate and insightful outputs in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to continuously improve reporting covering all disciplines,
- Oversee all month end processes for the BU and develop management accounts reporting.
- Produce commentaries and supplementary analysis to support any variances to budget/forecast,
- Preparation of cashflow reporting including identification & quantification of potential risk & opportunity,
- Development of countdown reporting to track progress, inform the business and drive monthly/quarterly delivery.
Key involvement in budgeting & forecasting.
- Develop the business plan and co-ordinate important inputs required from each department,
- Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to ensure the plan aligns to the Group’s strategic objectives,
- Assist the Finance Director/Commercial Director with the financial modelling, ensuring that the key system data extracts are accurate and up to date.
- Active involvement in cost variation meetings.
- Monthly review of WIP & land spend commitment with the Commercial and Land teams.
- Collation of Quarterly Cost V Revenue (CVR’s) once agreed by Project teams to produce overall accounts for the Division.
- Management of the overhead budget.
- Work closely with the Finance Director/Commercial Director to identify, quantify, monitor and effectively manage risks & opportunities.
- Explanation and demonstration of the key budget outputs across BU departments.
Support the Finance Director/Commercial Director with ad-hoc analysis as required.
Proactively support and business partner managers/directors from other departments.
Collation of information for Group.
- Primary contact for HR/payroll queries and allocations,
- Review of insurance renewal data.
Preparation/Review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Detailed understanding and interpretation of movements,
- Provide detailed supporting analysis,
- Swift identification and resolution of anomalies.
Primary contact for external audit queries.About You
- Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Experience of working in the housebuilding/construction industry is desirable though not essential
- Previous Staff Management
- High Proficiency in Excel
Note for Recruitment Agencies
This position is by direct application only. Any recruitment agency CV submissions will be considered a free gift – Dandara is not responsible for any fees related to recruitment agency CV’s whether you have read this message or not.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
About the Company
Company: dandara –
Company Location: Finance Manager Manchester