Finance Officer Job at UK Government – Serious Fraud Office in London
Working to the Finance manager, the Finance Officer will also deliver support and training to non-finance users, carrying out basic system administration tasks and providing support and training to the other members of the finance team.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role include:
- Using eFinancials to properly register and process supplier invoices and staff expenses, batch these for payment and managing and delivering the weekly payment run. Identifying and reflecting invoices to be prepaid within the system.
- Deal promptly and correctly with queries, reconciling supplier accounts to statements, raising any issues with the Finance Manager.
- Complete the bank reconciliation, ensuring that bank transactions are entered correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that month-end journals are posted to ensure transactions are entered correctly and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that month-end journals are posted to ensure transactions are properly reported.
For full key responsibilities and further information about the role, please refer to the attached job description.
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Delivering at Pace
Making Effective Decisions
Managing a Quality Service
Communicating and Influencing
We only ask for evidence of these behaviours on your application form:
Delivering at Pace
Option to join the Civil Service pension scheme. For further details, click here http://www.civilservice.gov.uk/pensions
Generous annual leave provision of 25 days which increases to 30 days after five years’ service plus an additional day in recognition of the Queen’s Birthday and the option to buy or sell up to five days’ leave per year. Different terms may apply if you are already a Civil Servant.
Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme.
Interest-free season travel ticket, bicycle loan and cycle to work scheme.
Access to the Rental Deposit Salary Advance Scheme which assists employees in meeting the costs of deposits for privately rented homes.
Opportunities for learning and development.
Flexible working arrangements and family-friendly policies.
Voucher for eyecare and discounted spectacles.
Access to a range of discounts through membership of the Civil Service Sports and Social Club, CSSC Sports and Leisure. http://www.cssc.co.uk/.
Maternity and paternity leave provision over and above the statutory entitlements.
Access to My CPS Rewards Gateway. My CPS Rewards offers staff a range of rewards and savings including:
- Discounts with high street retailers
- Savings on grocery shopping at a range of supermarkets
- Special salary sacrifice and recognition schemes
- Reloadable gift cards and e-cards
- Instant vouchers
Any move to the Serious Fraud Office from another employer will mean you can no longer access childcare vouchers. This includes moves between government departments. You may however be eligible for other government schemes, including Tax-Free Childcare. Determine your eligibility at https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
About the Company
Company: UK Government – Serious Fraud Office
Company Location: London