Finance Officer Job at All Seasons CIC – in Finance Officer
Best Community Care Team (2020 Southern Enterprise Awards)
Nominated for a Great British Care Award
Join the Best Community Care Team (2020) that helps people live independently and maintain a high quality of life for as long as possible. Caring for a diverse range of people in their own home, we support them to live with dignity in familiar surroundings. Our clients tell us they value the service we provide and the awards we have won speak for themselves.
We are looking for an experienced Finance Officer. The main purpose of the job is to provide finance support for All Seasons. You will be based in Margate, working 37.5 hours per week. Due to the nature of the role, there is the need to meet fixed deadlines and so occasionally evening or weekend working may be required to meet these deadlines. Time off in Lieu is given for any time worked over the 37.5 hour period.
Reporting to: Director of Resources
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Ensuring that sales invoices are raised on a timely basis, and posted accurately onto SAGE. Manage invoicing processes with Kent County Council, the NHS and private customers.
– Manage credit control and the debtors ledger to ensure that invoices are chased up and paid with minimum delay
– Manage the purchase ledger process, ensuring that invoices are signed off by the appropriate manager in the organisation before being passed for payment. Manage SAGE and the suppliers ledgers to ensure timely payment of invoices, taking advantage of any credit terms where appropriate
– Manage the cash flow forecasting process, ensuring that bank accounts are reconciled on a weekly basis and that any outstanding queries are followed up.
– Manage the company’s fixed assets record on a monthly basis, and post depreciation into the monthly management accounts
– Manage prepayments, accruals and any other month-end journals, ensuring that these tie into supporting documentation
– Support in the production of the annual budget and entering this into SAGE each year
– Support with other finance tasks, eg information needed for insurance renewals or other stakeholder information
– Any other reasonable tasks as requested by your manager.
· Desirable- Level 3 AAT or ACCA (Level 2 AAT or other finance qualification at minimum)
· Experience of working with Sage 50 accounts
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Confident with figures
· Attention for detail and accuracy
· Strong organisational and planning skills
· Able to adapt to changing priorities
· General finance knowledge
· MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Committed to achieving
· Customer focused
· Able to maintain professional boundaries
· Can do attitude
· Flexible and motivated
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Wellness programmes
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: All Seasons CIC –
Company Location: Finance Officer