Finance Officer Job at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust – in Blackburn
- Working with the Divisional Finance Managers and Financial Management Team, to produce comprehensive and timely monthly reporting of the Divisions’ financial position.
- Supporting the budget setting process of the Divisional revenue budgets.
- Assisting in the training of budget holders and managers in budgetary management and control.
- Assisting in the training and development of individuals within the Financial Management Team and wider department.
- Producing and assisting in the development of accurate monthly budgetary and associated information
- Reporting to the DDFM upon the monthly performance of a range of designated budgets highlighting any significant movements.
- Where appropriate help, support and advise budget managers on a range of budgets within the Division.
- Support Innovation and the Finance ‘Continuous Improvement’ Agenda in day to day working.
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, (ELHT) was established in 2003 and is a large integrated health care organisation and employs over 8,000 staff. We all contribute and play our part to treat over 700,000 patients a year, from the most serious of emergencies to planned operations and procedures. Our high quality healthcare services are offered across five hospital sites, which have over 1000 beds in total, as well as various community sites.
Our Award winning Finance Department has been at the forefront of change and continual improvement and has been Highly Commended in the HFMA NW Finance Team of the Year Category.
The Department is both FSD and FFF level 3 accredited so there is no better time to join this inspiring team. Our accreditation displays our commitment to being a leading edge Finance Function, supporting the wider improvement of the North West finance system and influencing local and national strategy.
Due to the global pandemic there have been many challenges our Finance team have had to face, and we are looking for someone with excellent communication and relationship building skills to join our Finance Family. These skills will be heavily relied on as the team are currently working remotely Full Time, so new staff can expect a warm ‘remote’ welcome but will need to have the ability to build relationships with the team and division whilst working from home.
Please see attached job description and person specification. If you have any questions, please use the contact details below.
About the Company
Company: East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust –
Company Location: Blackburn