Finance Officer Job at Defence Equipment & Support – in Finance Officer
Job description for Finance Officer
At Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), we are excited to be expanding our Finance & Accounting team with excellent opportunities to join our organisation as a Finance Officer.
As a Finance Officer, you will be involved with a wide variety of work, from the delivery of financial processes in accordance to the pre-determined timescale and requirements to ensuring value for money.
You will gain exposure and experience from working with teams and stakeholders across our business and corporate finance teams, whilst delivering robust financial information to senior managers.
We will offer you the support and guidance to develop your skills and further your expertise with a clear pathway to excel in our organisation.
Responsibilities for Finance Officer
As a Finance Officer your responsibilities will include:
- Collating, preparing and producing accurate management information and reports
- Preparing financial statements and ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with reporting requirements
- Ensuring financial policies and procedures are consistently applied in accordance with published processes
- Planning, management and supervision of finance tasks to ensure timely delivery to a high and consistent standard
- Analysing and challenging financial and non-financial information to ensure accurate forecasts
- Maintaining financial data and reporting in accordance with DE&S policy
- Reviewing recorded financial information to ensure data meets external audit requirements
- Advising on appropriate VAT treatment to customers based on published MoD/DE&S policy
- Providing objective scrutiny and challenge to expenditure proposals
- Providing insightful analysis of financial data through the preparation of a clear commentary
Due to the secure nature of positions, some posts will be reserved for sole UK nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Finance related degree level qualification or be AAT Qualified (Level 4) or be part-qualified with a CCAB (or CIMA) professional body or proven experience gained within a finance, tax or accounting role
- Experience in collating preparing and providing financial data or reports
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- The ability to supervise the completion of financial tasks to meet deadlines and to a high standard
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Accounts Management
- Financial Planning, Reporting and Resource Management
- Making effective decisions
- Communicating and influencing
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Please refer to the Civil Service Pensions Retirement Modeller to get an indication of the benefits you may receive from your Civil Service Pension, when you come to retire.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
About your team
Our Finance & Accounting teams ensure that DE&S meets its financial and management responsibilities for recording, communicating and driving financial performance. We are fundamental in ensuring the delivery of capability and capacity to the armed forces – and securing the best value for the taxpayer.
Closing Date – 24th October 2021
Reference ID: 1638
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £28,900.00-£34,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Flexible schedule
- Store discounts
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Defence Equipment & Support –
Company Location: Finance Officer