Finance Officer Job at Mackay Regional Council – in Mackay QLD
This position provides financial support in the Revenue & Treasury team and is required to work with other team members in the areas of bank reconciliations, cash flow monitoring, management of trust deposits and bank guarantees held along with review of transactions related to fringe benefits tax. All team members also deal with applications for, processing and reporting of inward grant funding.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Experience in accounting or bookkeeping
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting and project costing.
- Ability to provide sound financial advice combined with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Desirable Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Hold or be studying towards tertiary qualification in Business, Finance, Commerce or Accounting or equivalent which allows membership to the Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants or Chartered Accountants Association
- Demonstrated experience in computerised integrated accounting systems including the maintenance of such systems.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Base annual salary from $68,261.60 plus allowances as applicable
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 day fortnight roster
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- We’re bursting at the seams with career development and learning opportunities
- Significant corporate and membership discounts
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Employee Assistance Program
- Active social clubs
For us to assess if you’re the one we are searching for, it is mandatory that you submit your resume, a cover letter and a brief statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description.
Applications Close: 28th October 2021
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
Location: Wellington Street
Work Type: Full Time
About the Company
Company: Mackay Regional Council –
Company Location: Mackay QLD