Finance Officer – Commercial Collections 6 Month Maternity Cover Job at Hilton Corporate – in Sydney NSW
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
At the Hilton Sydney Regional Office, your role will form part of the Hilton Accounting & Finance Services (HAFS) Centre of Excellence (COE) Order to Cash (OTC) team for Australia, dedicated to the delivery or timely and accurate accounting, financial reporting and analysis. You will be required to manage the end-to-end collection efforts, closely work with the Shared Services Centre (SSC) and perform any OCT duties as assigned for any one or multiple hotel(s) from a central location whilst supporting the adherence to Hilton and hotel policies, rules and regulations. Other key aspects of the role include:
- Follow up closely on outstanding accounts/balances with relevant debtors for all hotels; identify and allocate payments allocation accurately in OnQ; Monitor the unidentified deposit
- Provide customer service relating to collection issues, process customer refunds, review accounts adjustments and resolve discrepancies and short payments;
- Work closely with the SSC team to ensure timely and accurate completion of key tasks impacting collections as well as any customer service issues requiring action or follow up by SSC;
- Perform any required daily checks, review all necessary reports and ensure proper routing of reports for approval;
- Participate in month end activities to support the hotels in the timely delivery of credit and OTC reporting;
- Perform monthly balance sheet reconciliation as required;
- Coordinate and conduct monthly Credit meetings for all hotels no later than end of week 3; participation and minute taking required;
- Comply and assist with internal and external audit requests and requirements;
- Communication with Hotel operations teams regarding the procedures in place and train incoming Team Members;
- Prepare and submit monthly KPI statistics by hotel to the Finance Manager;
- Attends to any administrative tasks required for the proper functioning of DocMatrix;
- To perform any tasks or ad-hoc requests of a reasonable nature as required and requested by a supervisor or manager from time to time.
What are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will possess strong administrative and communication skills with the ability to multitask and work productively under pressure. The candidate must be flexible in relation to shifts and is available to work all shifts as required.
In addition to this, as the Finance Officer – Commercial Collections, it would be advantageous for you to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Tertiary qualifications, or other collegiate-level degree, in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field;
- Prior experience in Commercial collections ;
- Proficiency, at an intermediate to advanced level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft programs (Excel and Word);
- Demonstrated trust and integrity in dealing with cash and financial reporting;
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to be astute and accurate with figures;
- Provides consistent and professional support to all business stakeholders.
As a Hilton team member, you can expect to receive:
- Comprehensive training and support for your new role
- Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
- Discounts of up to 25-50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Career development planning opportunities
Hilton was named the #1 Hotel chain in the Great Places to Work survey 2018
About the Company
Company: Hilton Corporate –
Company Location: Sydney NSW