Finance & Procurement Officer Job at UK Government – Joint Nature Conservation Committee in Peterborough
The Finance & Procurement officer role sits in the Finance & Planning Team and is key to delivering procurement & contracting services to the organisation. This role is to give further support to the one Finance & Procurement Office in the team in delivering a quality service to the organisation as there has over the past three years been a 250% increase in the number of income contracts being delivered.
Post Duties to include;
- Issuing and checking of contracts both for procurement and provision of services, including for example MoUs, MoAs and SLAs.
- Liaising with and advising project managers on all steps in the process
- Issuing Invitation to Tenders, uploading contracts on portal, review the submissions to ensure documentation correct and costs are correct before issuing to PMs for evaluation
- Ensuring relevant procedures are followed and controls adhered to within the procurement processes
- Liaising with Business Development Team and Project Managers in the initial stages of the bid process for new income, checking financial requirements of new bids, providing advice on costing.
- Checking costings of income bids before sign off by the Head of Finance and planning
- Collating and compiling information required by project managers to funders on external projects as required
- Keeping contracts register up to date, issuing contractors performance evaluations to PMs, procurement transparency reporting and any other ad hoc duties as required.
To be a successful candidate you will have:
- Experience working in the public sector in a procurement role
- The confidence to deliver advice and guidance to colleagues at all levels in the organisation
- The ability to manage priorities in a fast paced environment
- Experience in the production of and review of contracts
- Knowledge & Awareness of public sector procurement procedures and regulations
We’ll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Managing a Quality Service
Delivering at Pace
Seeing the Big Picture
Changing and Improving
Communicating and Influencing
We’ll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Experienced in working in procurement within a government organisation and have an understanding of contracting procedures and regulations.
Experienced in reviewing and compiling contracts
Equality and diversity
JNCC is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected and see this as a good place to work. JNCC has a responsibility to ensure that we have an inclusive culture where discrimination, harassment, bullying and prejudice will not be tolerated. Our selection process is determined on fair and open competition and regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership.
Continuous professional development (CPD)
Employees are encouraged to keep developing skills and professional knowledge.
JNCC has made available, and encourages employees to use, on average, five working days per annum for CPD activities with access to related funding
JNCC annual leave allowance is 25 days per annum. After five years’ service, leave entitlement increases to 30 days per annum.
In addition to annual leave, JNCC offers 12 public and privilege days per annum, three of which are explicitly reserved for office closure between Christmas and New Year.
JNCC supports flexible working hours and practices to help employees strike a good balance between work life and personal life.
Our policies are family-friendly and include flexi-time, flexible working patterns, compressed hours and dispersed working. JNCC also offers paid maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave, over and above the minimum statutory entitlements. Some work/life balance benefits are available following a minimum length of service.
Civil Service Pension
Employees will have the opportunity to join Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits. JNCC makes a significant contribution to the cost of employee pensions.
Employee Assistance Programme
JNCC provides employees with a free and confidential support service which gives unlimited access to information, advice and emotional support to help employees prepare for and manage all of life’s ups and downs, events and challenges.
JNCC has entered into a partnership agreement with its recognised Trade Unions: Prospect and PCS, which employees are able to join and be involved with.
Salary sacrifice schemes
Employee Discount Scheme
Civil Service Sports Club
About the Company
Company: UK Government – Joint Nature Conservation Committee
Company Location: Peterborough