Finance Systems Accountant – IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) Job at Spirit AeroSystems – in Prestwick
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company’s core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world’s premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
As part of a team which acts as an enabling function to the wider Finance function, this role will lead technical systems projects and contribute to larger projects as part of the systems team to deliver key development initiatives. This role will take the lead in the development of the TM1 application, supporting accounting systems, and invoking ‘as required’ process improvements.
- Implement and support of the ever increasing footprint of the TM1 solution across various locations by using innovative techniques to achieve end goals
- Challenge current practices, actively seeking to improve processes, whilst effectively managing risk
- Ensure provision of high quality management information via automation across several financial systems
- Establish best practice for financial systems use and ensure consistency of use throughout the business
- Collaborate and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders
- Provide training on financial systems and support as and when required
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert advising and assisting the Finance Team and wider organisation in this capacity
- Maintain the overall integrity of financial reporting information within financial systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in IBM Planning Analytics (TM1) is essential, including End-to-End implementation experience from visualisation of concept to delivery of solution
- Excellent IT skills, especially MS Excel.
- Degree qualified with relevant experience
- Experience working within Finance function, ideally with previous exposure to Financial Reporting/FP&A
- Good communication and effective relationship management skills
- Driven to run projects to completion and deliver strategic objectives within required timescales
- Uses knowledge and experience to promote process improvement
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Motivated self-starter, flexible working attitude
- Challenging and assertive when required
- Self-aware, with a positive and social demeanour
- Commitment to continuous personal development
- Strong decision maker
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
About the Company
Company: Spirit AeroSystems –
Company Location: Prestwick