Financial Analyst I Job at Mass General Brigham(PHS) – in Cambridge, MA
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/Overview Statement:
MGB Personalized Medicine is a global leader in the emerging field of personalized medicine. We leverage genetics to improve the care of patients and to drive medical discoveries. Partners Personalized Medicine offers biobank services and core services to researchers and genetic tests for patients and is instrumental in improving the handling of genetic results in the clinical environment. We also work with novel technologies to facilitate genetic and genomic research.
The successful candidate will work closely with MGPM’s Administrative Director, Research Management and Finance, Directors of Core Labs and Center’s Faculty to support the financial activities at the Center including budgeting, forecasting, creating monthly financial statements, variance analysis, cost analysis, and billing activities for PPM Cores, IT, Sundries, and other Center’s activities. Also responsible for pre-award and post-award grant related work and performs special projects as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in developing the annual operating budget for MGB Biobank, MGB Translational Genomics Core, and Laboratory for Molecular Medicine Core based on historical results and performance targets.
2. Generates monthly financial reports for MGB Biobank Core, Translational Genomics Core, and Laboratory for Molecular Medicine Core including volume, expenses, revenue, and FTE reports for senior management to assist in the analysis of Core Facility performance.
a. Monitors, reviews variances and trends, and performances variance analyses, comparing actual vs. budget, makes corrections, and recommends changes in policies and procedures.
b. Reviews, maintains, and develops quarterly forecast reports.
c. Proactively identifies process improvements and ways to optimize work activities involving Center financial reporting methods and work flows.
d. Ensures personnel are allocated appropriately and resolve any discrepancies.
3. Responsible for billing-related work for services rendered at the Center including issuing invoices, processing journals, tracking payments and managing accounts receivables.
a. Tracks incoming revenue and works with clients to ensure timely payment of invoices.
4. Monitors grants and funds
5. Uses PeopleSoft, Insight, Vision, PowerPath, GIGPAD, and other systems to monitor and evaluate financial and operating performance.
6. Assists with other financial and budget items as needed.
B.S. or B.A. is required. 1-2 years of finance/accounting/ grant management experience preferred.
Superb attention to detail, excellent follow through and problem-solving skills are required.
1. Requires strong analytical skills.
2. Attention to detail, excellent organization, drive, strong oral and written communication skills are required.
3. Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting techniques as well as an understanding of healthcare and hospital financing strongly preferred.
4. Grant management experience is preferred.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary, including strong customer service orientation and the ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
6. Ability to interact professionally with contacts at all levels within the PHS organization and outside the organization.
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and familiarity with Access and Word.
8. Ability to work quickly and efficiently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
9. Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative, including knowledge of resources to answer questions and find required data and information.
Regular office setting
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Primary Location MA-Cambridge-PHS Landsdowne St
Work Locations PHS Landsdowne St 65 Landsdowne Street Cambridge 02139
Organization Mass General Brigham(PHS)
Standard Hours 40
Shift Day Job
Employee Status Regular
Recruiting Department PHS Partners Personalized Medicine
Job Posting Sep 16, 2020
About the Company
Company: Mass General Brigham(PHS) –
Company Location: Cambridge, MA