Financial Analyst, R&D Job at Abbvie – 4.0 in Lake County, IL
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Financial Analyst, R&D Financial Reporting is part of the R&D division HQ finance team and is responsible for a variety of accounting tasks to support financial & tax reporting for the R&D function, utilizing multiple financial and reporting systems. The role includes responsibility for the preparation of monthly financial reporting management review schedules, assisting with the preparation and coordination of the annual R&D balance sheet planning process, preparation of R&D tax credit data and other required tax filings for R&D, fixed asset support (including retirement and transfer of R&D assets, and coordination of fixed asset verifications for R&D), and monitoring of overdue Concur transactions for all R&D employees.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Facilitate and assist in the consolidation and preparation of monthly P&L and balance sheet management reporting package and variance analysis files.
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of the annual R&D balance sheet planning process.
- Responsible for preparation of the R&D tax credit (annual submission of federal & state tax credit packages) in coordination with the corporate tax team.
- Responsible for completion of the state and federal tax questionnaires, with information from the R&D general ledger (SAP).
- Responsible for preparing all other tax-related financial data submissions for R&D. Responsible for fixed asset support, including review and approval of service requests for accuracy, and retirement/transfer of assets. Ensures assets with remaining life are noted for storage and redeployment. Responsible for aged/obsolete asset cleanup, and the annual R&D asset verification.
- Monitor Concur overdue travel transactions for all R&D employees, notifies employees of overdue CTE travel transactions, and follows up to resolve delinquent expenses.
- Assist with ad hoc analysis, support projects and process improvements as requested.
- CPA designation
- SAP experience
- Financial reporting software experience (IBM TM1, IBM Planning Analytics, SAP BPC, Oracle HFM, etc.)
- Concur Time and Expense (CTE) experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of tax accounting principles
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Well organized and able to balance multiple priorities at once in a deadline-heavy environment.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
About the Company
Company: Abbvie – 4.0
Company Location: Lake County, IL